difficult child 1's big news.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He's getting married.

To his 8th grade girlfriend.

That he really hasn't seen since he was in 8th grade, tho they do talk on the phone now.

Before he's deployed this fall.

So he'll get more money while he's gone.

I smiled and said "that's nice, dear".

:hammer:

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
well the goingk on the head is about right...
getting married to have more money is really not a good reason to get married....
sounds like a very difficult child thing to do...
I just love your response:
"that's nice dear" ...
Wow what a detachment hero you are...
I need to take some lessons from you!!
This just may turn around and bite him though.. Andre said he had a buddy that got married like that.. the girl got a divorce but continues to get some of his pay..
ouch...
Thanks for being an "army mom"
hugs Paula

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm just.....um.....speechle....well no I'm not

What are you going to wear to the wedding? lol

HUGS

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Um, well, nothing. Maybe a swimsuit while I'm boating on a nearby lake.

They're doing the JP thing right before he leaves and I think probably keeping it secret from her parents.

He says they will have a "real" one when he gets back.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
oh sure they will have a real one!!
they don't even know each other well at this point..
What to do with these difficult child!!
Lol..
I like the bathing suit idea.. pretty cool!

DammitJanet

Unreal...

Has he had the "talk" with the Corps about marriage? Basically they tell them that "if we wanted you to have a wife, we would have issued you one in boot camp." LOL.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well then....THAT'S settled. I must buy new flippers and a snorkle for when I get my invite. Want me to bring my oxygen for you just in case?

What confidence!!!!!!!! Mother of the groom wears a swim suit. ANd in front of a justice of the peace? WOW!

You so rock!

:crazy1:

meowbunny

Does his 8th grade girlfriend know she's getting married? Just a thought.

I dunno if the military has changed, but you used to have to get permission to get married once you were in and under a certain rank. Is that still in effect? Who knows, maybe the military will tell him sorry, but we didn't issue you a wife for a good reason. We can dream, right?

KTMom91

This just trips me out...he's getting married to someone he doesn't see anymore? And hasn't for years? Wow...I'm so glad Miss KT is just in the planning stage...for Oct 2009...after high school...to Wonder J who lives in SoCal now...and isn't sure if he's coming back here.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, no, I'm not wearing my bathing suit in front of the JP. I'll be camping and boating on a lake here in MO somewhere while he gets married in CA, NV, heck, I don't know where. I'm not going to that wedding. That's a "papers only" meeting. He sees no reason mama, or anyone else, should be present for it. That one merely makes more money possible. The "real" wedding is the one I need to go to.
I am sure he has not talked to anyone in the corps about it. I wasn't aware they didn't allow marriage...maybe there's hope yet that SOMEONE will knock some sense into his head... I just know I can't. He's got an anti-mom-advice force field around his noggin that even Spielberg can't penetrate.
The good news is that she's in MO and he's in CA and there's no grandbaby on the way.
Yet.
I'll proudly display my award. Thanks!

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Well, Shari...
The boat trip sounds good... no bathing suit wedding?? oh come on I was looking forward to that :rofl::rofl:
I understand about the Anti-Mom-Advise... yikes, it's like, "mom's advise gives the plague or something!!!"
HOW delusional can our difficult children get??? more money??
Honey you are just setting yourself up for paying spousal support the rest of your military career..........
he is going to wind up ..:angrydude: in my humble opinion!!!
Enjoy your trip.. if you invite me I promise to make home made meals from scratch... name it I will make it including cakes for desert..............

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I never turn down an excuse to have a party. Bring it on, Paula! And wear your bathing suit, too. We'll find some excuse.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
I'll bring my bathing suit (1 piece, of course) .... and some sun screen since I am very fair skinned and I burn easy!!
I can make an Indian lamb curry with rice the first night .... with- butter ruhm pound cake..
the second night we could have Cajun saussage with- beans and rice with- beigne for desert ..
the third night we could have Pasta carbonara.... no desert.. too fattening..
lol.. I can go on and stay longer if you want me to...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ya done good in the detachment process. I'm proud.

I dunno if I'd have necessarily taken it so calmly, myself. It would've caught me completely off gaurd. And I tend to "react" and not think when difficult child's do that. lol

I wonder how long it will last? What's the rush? If it's for beneficiary reasons, doesn't he know he can make anyone a beneficiary? One of Nichole and boyfriend's hs friends is in Iraq. Aubrey is his beneficary because he thinks out of all the people he knows she'll get the most from it. (and he's her Godfather)

Whew!

DammitJanet

LOL...the Marines dont exactly forbid it but they frown on it. That didnt make a smidge of difference to Jamie though. He got married the January after he graduated Boot in June. In fact, he hadnt been at his duty station more than three months when he got married. Mine didnt do it for money reasons but because he was incredibly lonely and used to family being there. Unfortunately my son has a habit of marrying his mother so that marriage didnt work out. He is working on marriage number two now...lol.

The big difference in money is that he will get a housing and living allowance if he has family at home. If he is under the rank of Lcpl then the only way to get the military to pay for anything other than barracks is to get married.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Here is your :cheerleader::cheerleader: session for being a great example to us with your detachment...
by the way.. are we still having the boat party??????
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Xtra large hugs........

me...........