difficult child Assaulted

everywoman

He went to help a "friend" run an "errand." Took the friend home, walked in the house, stayed less than a minute, walked out, two guy with red bandanna's jumped him and beat the **** out of him. "Friend" ran. Result---facial fractures with surgery possible. With friends like his, he needs no enemies. He says he is through with the "street" life. We'll see.

Jena

I'm so sorry to hear that. How horrible, and yes I hope you are right in regards to the life he is done with. Where is he now at the hospital??

I'm sending you hugs and support.

(((((Hugs))))))

tiredmommy

Oh dear... I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. I hope difficult child doesn't need surgery and does in fact make some changes so he is safer. {{{Hugs}}}

everywoman

He is home. He is to see and ENT on Monday. He has no insurance, so I'm not sure what they can do. We'll see. His anxiety is through the roof right now, but he has nothing to take because he quit medications a year ago. He does not do well with pain. He is not a street thug--though he hangs out with some---and he is not violent against people---just walls and doors and window---so, he can't fathom why someone would do something like this. I have told him over and over again when you hang with trash you will get dirty.

He had been doing so well. He is working at a local resturant full time after working two part time all summer long. He is supposed to start full day shift on Monday. He was on his way home to get ready for work when an old friend called and needed a favor.

He broke his cell phone in a rage this week, so he couldn't call for help and drove himself home---about 6 miles.

This is not the first assault we've dealt with on him. He was assaulted in Oct. 2006 as well. And it was really bad. We went through heck afterwards and he ended up in rehab for the 2nd time that December.

I'm hoping that this doesn't send him into a spiral again.

witzend

The "red bandanas" sounds a little over the top. Any chance it was someone he knew and who had a grudge against him, or just knew he was an easy target? I hope that you are making him file a report. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

Hope he gets well soon, and that he is serious about changing his friends.

everywoman

Around here we have a lot of wannabe crips and bloods. This was over drugs. I know that! We filed a report at the hospital. They have to call if anyone comes in from an assault so he had no choice. Of course, he didn't tell him that he had carried friend to buy pot. But, the officer knew without being told. He thinks he knows who did it and will call and tell the cops if he finds out for sure.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so sorry. I hope this gives difficult child a new perspective on the meaning of "friend". One does not leave a so called friend to get the holy crappola beat out of him unless one is running for help.

I hope this helps him re-think his priorities instead of sending him into a downward spiral. :( And I hope he realizes how lucky he is that all they messed up is his face.

((((hugs))))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I HOPE he's serious about getting out of that crowd, I HOPE he recovers okay from his injuries, and I HOPE they catch and prosecute the thugs who did this. So sorry your difficult child had to learn such a tough lesson!

klmno

I'm sorry...((HUGS))) I can just add another hope that he changes the places he likes to hang around...

F

flutterbee

I'm so sorry.

Is there any kind of victim's assistance fund that could help with medical bills?

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
I am SO SORRY! This must be terribly scary as his mom. I hope he can see that this "friend" really isn't one!

You may be able to get help with the medical bills from Victims Asisstance funds, or he may be able to get medicaid if it is serious. When I needed the hysterectomy they told me I might qualify for medicaid to cover just that procedure. So they may cover his treatment, but only cover him for the length of time it takes to get everything cared for.

I will pray he doesn't start a downward spiral!

Many gentle hugs to you and him, and Jana and the rest of the family

witzend

The scary part of this story is, rather than decide the crowd is too tough for him, he may decide to arm himself so he will be as tough as them. It's a very dangerous situation.

meowbunny

Well, if it truly gets the message across that the street life is not for him, it will be a huge blessing in disguise. What a stupid way to learn a lesson, though. Sorry he is going through this again and here's hoping all ultimately turns out well.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Everywoman, I can only imagine the horrible feeling in your mommy heart when you look at your child laying in the hospital all beaten and bloody. It must hurt an unbelievable amount.
Hugs.

Ropefree

Banned
I am so sorry. My son was assaulted after a daytime birthday last summer.
I heard about it after...not injured so terribly. I hope that he does id the people.
that type of injury is serious and assault is never ok.