difficult child attended three AA meetings this weekend

Nancy

It's been a difficult couple weeks here with finding detox kit, fake urine and pot residue in difficult child's room. She lost her only friend Thursday when she finally got fed up with difficult child's drinking and drugging and she dropped her off in the middle of a parking lot about 10 miles from home. girlfriend said she was tired of difficult child bringing her down and thaqt difficult child would sell her friendship for a bag of week (true).

I got in touch with a girl difficult child met at AA months ago and asked if she could help and she said she would pick difficult child up last night and take her to an AA She did that and difficult child spent the night at her house and she spent the entire day with her today going to two meetings. They came home in between meetings for difficult child to shower and she is a lovely person. She is 24 and had two dui's and was put in jail before she decided she was ruining her life. She got involved in AA and has been sober for 2 1/2 years. She is currently going to the same community college that difficult child is going to and has just been accepted into the xray tech program. Her dui's showed up on the background check but they interviewed her and were so impressed with what she has been doing the past two years that they accepted her.

I am crossing my fingers that difficult child will take this as a new start. Hannah has sponsored girls before and I am hoping she offers to sponsor difficult child. I can't tell you how impressed I was with this young lady and the turnaround she has done. I wish it would rub off on difficult child.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy, that is great news. It would be wonderful if difficult child would listen to her friend and also to this Hannah. What a roller coast you've been on.

Hugs,
Suz

P

PatriotsGirl

I hope she turns it around, Nancy. She is trying and that is a great sign.

Nancy

She's going to another meeting tonight with Hannah. She agreed to be her temporary sponsor and will look for a permanent one for her. She got difficult child involved in two of the groups and she has a job in them so she is required to be at the weekly meetings. I know that doesn't mean anything if she just doesn;t go but at least it's a start and several members are watching out for her.

Nancy

DDD

Sounds like a baby step forward. Sure hope it is followed by many more. It is inspiring that the young lady has been able to turn her life around. Some find the inner determination to amend their life. I'm glad that difficult child has a peer guide as she tries to find out how she is going to live. I'm hoping for the best. Hugs DDD

T

toughlovin

Nancy - I am so so glad to hear this. I think at a certain point our teens just can't take the help, advice or encouragement from us. They are in the midst of becoming independent and part of that is rejecting our suggestions... which gets pretty complicated when they are doing self destructive things and our suggestions are ways for them to help themselves. With my son I think he was going to reject anything we suggested and felt we were just too old school to understand.... he needed to get help from peers and others other than us.

So my hope is that your daughter is listening to this girl and her peers at AA. She may be able to hear them in a way that she just can't hear you. She knows you are invested in her recovery and a part of her may rebel against that. So hopefully being around people who really make it about her deciding for recovery will help. I am really hoping so.

Ephchap

Nancy,

Each and everytime she begins going to AA meetings is another chance at actually staying sober and drug free. Having someone young that has been there, done that, that has a few years of sobriety under her belt taking difficult child under her wing a bit is a great thing. Sometimes seeing someone they can relate to go through it sparks something.

Sending hugs and good thoughts that she stays with the program this time.

Deb

T

toughlovin

How did you find out? And did she do that before she went to all the AA meetings? If it was before I think there is still reason for hope.... if it was after then that doesn't sound hopeful.

Nancy

I read a note she wrote back and forth to a guy in one of her classes. It happened about ten days ago when she spent all night til 4 am at this guys house after school in the blizzard. Evidently she told him she loved him and now he wants more than she wants of him. So she was telling this other guy that she told him she loved him when she was trashed and high from snorting a vic. I've often said that if she's interested in a guy I don't approve of(and I haven't approved of one yet) I just have to wait until they have sex and it will be over. Sad but true. She also smoked pot just last Thursday and then went to meetings Friday and Saturday. Not hopeful.

Nancy

tawnya

Sorry, Nancy. I've been off-line for about a month and a half.

I was wondering what was going on.

I hope things are going better.

Love, Tawnya

Nancy

Thanks Tawnya.

She went to a meeting last night, tonight and is going to one tomorrow. I keep hoping that the fact that she's going to meetings will give her the foundation she needs to become serious about her sobriety.

Nancy