difficult child becomes a folk hero

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
My first thought was wondering what his family (mother!) had gone through over the years. I think I heard this morning that he'd been in serious trouble since he was 12. It sounded way too familiar for comfort :rolleyes:

Suz

shellyd67

I am waiting for the movie to go into production any day now ... LOL I know his mother must feel some sort of comfort knowing he is not on the run anymore. However, the though of my son being in jail is no picnic either.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Shelly, I have to wonder if "Catch Me If You Can" played a role (no pun intended) in fueling his outrageous behavior. I wonder if he saw it?

Suz

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Seems that mom now has an entertainment lawyer, setting up interviews, book deals, movie rights

http://www.kirotv.com/news/24008105/detail.html

Seems that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - she is proud that her son managed to fly a plane with no lessons. :speechless:

Maybe with all of that money she is anticipating, she can buy this kid a pair of shoes..

Marcie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I guess I'll stop being concerned for his Mom. It seems she considers him a cash cow now. Marcie, it sounds like you are right that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Suz

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I read an interview with the mom and in all honesty, she seems to think the whole thing is pretty cool. She actually sounds quite proud of her son's "accomplishments". Ugh.

shellyd67

Suz, I thought the movie Catch Me If You Can too ! Leo Dicaprio starred in that right? I was not aware of his mothers actions how despicable !