difficult child is missing---update found!

Nancy

Yesterday around 5:30 pm difficult child posted pictutes on her fb of road signs entering New York State. husband called to ask what she was doing there and she She said they were going to go out on the lake last night in a boat. She was suppose to be back this morning for work.

There has been no activity on her phone since about 6 pm last night. Several calls and texts were received but she didn't return any. husband and I both texted her and asked her to contact us because we had no idea where she was or who she was with or if she was ok and she has not responded.

I am terrified and can't let myself go to the dark places my mind is trying to go. Please say a prayer that she is OK and we hear from her soon. We have no idea who these guys are she is with.

Nancy

Last edited:
A

AmericanGirl

Praying all the time Nancy!

Can the cell phone company tell if her phone is turned on?

My heart is breaking for you.....

S

Signorina

Prayers being said.

XXOO

Please take some solace in that it's far more likely that she LOST HER PHONE. Or FORGOT HER BATTERY CHARGER

really.

sending you lots of love

Mattsmom277

Chiming in with prayers that you've heard from her already or do very shortly. Dang it kids don't seem to understand the importance of letting someone know when you go off, who you're with, your expected outline for trip etc. Even adult children. If not to their parent then to someone who knows how to contact family.

slsh

member since 1999
Nancy - gentle hugs to you, and many good thoughts for difficult child's safety. I hope Signorina has hit the nail on the head.

Nancy

Still no word. I am sick to my stomach. No activity on her phone since Monday when husband talked to her. She has not read any of her emails since Monday which is very very unusual. I have no idea where she is or who she is with. I'm going to drive to her work today to see if her car is there. Didn't sleep at all last night. I have a horrible feeling. If she lost her phone she would call us right away so she could get a new one, she knows she has insurance on it.

Nancy

Last edited:

Nancy

Update---she just texted me and husband and easy child saying she was fine and she is home. I don't know whether she is home or not but at least she is alive. She won't answer any questions so I have no idea where she was or why she wouldn't contact us.

Thanks for the prayers. My head is pounding and I am so angry she doesn't care about anyone let alone her own safety.

Nancy

A

AmericanGirl

So glad she is safe Nancy....hope you are get some rest and find peace.

Nancy

She's not home, she lies like the wind blows. She posted pics on her facebook of her on a boat and floating in a raft on the lake. She just told us she was home so we would stop calling her. So she's a little vacation while the rest of us didn't get any sleep last night.

I am so angry at her. I have spent hours trying to match pics on fb with the pics she posted of her trip to see if I could figure out who these guys were. I mapped out my trip there and what I was going to say to the police to try to get them to take it seriously. I printed off her calls and texts from the past several days to give them and to call myself. I planned to go to both her jobs and ask when they last heard from her, and I even thought about maybe never finding her. Ugh!!!!!! I need to stop worrying about her.

I found out it's Lake Chataqua. Must be nice to be on food stamps and be able to afford a vacation on the lake.

Nancy

Last edited: