difficult child is so short...

K

Kjs

He can't see the top of the built in combination lock. LOL....:rofl:

They have half lockers, upper and lower. He has upper.

I told him to hang in there. I hate to go ask for a locker switch. don't know if they have any available, actually switching may be a lot of work since the locks are built in.

Last edited:

Christy

Can he get the locker open?

Being "vertically challenged" myself, I feel for the kid. If this is causing unnecessary stress or frustration, I would ask to have his locker changed.

Does he want to switch lockers?

susiestar

Roll With It
I know how he feels. Poor guy, it really makes school tough. In jr high we had half lockers - upper and lower ones. At first they gave me an upper one - I could barely put my stuff in it and couldn't hang anything at all on the hooks.

Then they gave me a lower locker. Melinda had the one right above me and she was an incredible klutz (due in large part to a couple of big growth spurts that year). She dropped her clarinet - case and all - on my head at least twice a week. I got pretty good at anticipating it, LOL. She really didn't do it on purpose - she was a very sweet kid.

He really needs a lower locker. Does he know any of hte people with lower lockers that he can ask to trade with? IF someone will agree to trade, the two of them can go to the teacher or office and ask about it. Make SURE he doesn't trade with-o the office knowing. If the other kid has something contraband in the locker and it is officially difficult children, difficult child will be the one in trouble if they do an "unofficial" switch. It happened last year at Wiz's school and a really good kid was almost expelled for drug use.

Tell difficult child he has my sympathies.

OpenWindow

I feel for him too, as I am also vertically challenged. Have you talked to him about switching lockers? I think that's a great idea, and shouldn't be much trouble.

Linda

Wiped Out

Staff member
I agree maybe he needs to switch. Poor guy. My difficult child is super short-in 6th grade and only 55 inches tall. He always the shortest kid around.