difficult child is thinking about treatment

toughlovin

So difficult child is thinking about tx again....we shall see. The ball is in his court. I am not jumping thru hoops this time...and only places that take insurance directly?.we are not forking out big bucks.

But keeping my fingers crossed.

TL

toughlovin

I don't know if he will do it for the right reasons but I realized what a relief it will be to me for him to be off the streets! I look forward to sleeping better!

TL

pasajes4

Yep. I get the relief part. I hate that my son's choices landed him in juvie, but I sleep really well knowing he is being taken care of. I am free to do things that I could not do when he was home.

DammitJanet

Well...he may rethink it...they are now opening up a club in Denver to smoke. Club 64. Now he can just go spend his time inside the club and not be cold! Just kidding. I dont think they have figured out where this club is going to have a location. It may be a traveling club. Now that should be interesting.

toughlovin

Lol....bet it won't be open all night to sleep though! From what he writes on fb I think he wants to get off the street...seems to be spending a lot of time at Starbucks!

TL

DammitJanet

Isnt that what they do after a night of smoking? Smoke, eat and then sleep! BYOPot,munchies and sleeping bag...lol.

Supposedly they had a New Years Eve party. Very mellow and happy time had by all!

toughlovin

A little update... my difficult child got his ID. Yay... and then of course posted on face book that his first purchase being of age was a bottle of jack daniels. Ick.... at least he bought it although how he got the money I dont want to know.

But he did say today he wanted to go treatment and would we be willing to get him a bus ticket??? So he is getting slightly less entitled because he didnt ask for a plane ticket. LOL.

So we shall see if he gets himself to treatment... and yes I told him we would get him a bus ticket and no I did not offer a plane ticket.

TL

battlefatigue

Hi I', battlefatigue. Have 21 year old son who just left rehab and yes I let him in my house. This is my first time on this site and don"t know how it works. can someone out there respons so I know its working :)

Kathy813

Staff member
Hello, battlefatigue. Yes, I can see your post. Welcome to the CD board. Could you tell us a little more of your story? Many of us on the SA forum have had adult children in rehab so we can offer advice and support.

~Kathy

Nancy

Hi battlefatique. I suggest you make a new thread and tell us your story so we can welcome you. Glad you are here.

Nancy