difficult child really likes his sponsor

KFld

His sponsor is 25 and has been clean for 2 years. He has been coming and picking him up every day for meetings and he said today he came to his apartment and they read the big book for an hour.

I asked him how come he all of a sudden got a sponsor and he said his house manager said it's that, or out!! Good for him! But difficult child said it worked out for the best.

FlowerGarden

Glad to hear difficult child likes his sponsor. Getting along with the sponsor can make a world of a difference for difficult children.

AliceLee

Hi Karen, it's been a while since I've checked in...I'm so glad he's doing so well. I do think he's going to be okay in the long run (just my gut feeling).

KFld

I picked him up last night for something to eat and he really seems to be doing well. The only thing he doesn't like about the sponsor is that this guy works 3rd shift and my difficult child doesn't go into work usually until around 2 or 3, but this guy picks him up in the mornings when he gets out of work so they can go to a meeting before he goes home to sleep. My difficult child likes to sleep in a little and this guy is taking him to 7 am meetings. I think it's good for him. Keeps him busy and out of trouble :smile:

gottaloveem

I agree with you Karen that it keeps him out of trouble. Yes 7 am is early... I am so proud that he is doing the right things.

Please tell him his board Aunties are very proud of him. Give him a hug for me too, OK? Oh and to keep up the good work.