difficult child shaved off his eyebrows

cubsgirl

difficult child decided this morning, while the rest of the household was asleep, that he should shave off his eyebrows. He has no explanation other than he thought it would look good.

UGH. Where do they get these ideas from. He looks totally ridiculous but he thinks he looks great.

Off to go bang my head into the wall some more.......

donna723

It sounds like one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time" kind of things. Any teasing from other kids and he will be growing them right back out again!

buddy

Q did half an eyebrow once...uggg.... I didn't hide my razor well enough..

I am really nervous about when it is time to shave LOL

cubsgirl

Ok, Buddy you opened the door. I am really nervous about when he has to shave daily --- he has a baby face and blonde hair so not yet. difficult child also indicated that he shaved "down there" because "I want to look good at the urinal". Where, or where, do they come up with this stuff.

KTMom91

Snort...giggle...

Miss KT was about 8 when she decided her bangs were in the way. Did she wait for them to grow out? Grab a clip? No...she cut them off. Looked like a paintbrush was stuck on her head.

Steely

You guys are making me laugh - snort. :)

Sorry cubsgirl -- I might be rather distraught if it was me because you know the other kids will make fun of him -- but oh well -- natural consequences.
Matt died his already blond hair more blonde, and it turned green. Yep, fun times. Then he dyed it black. And painted his nails black. Then, walla, he was goth. Whatever. At least now at 21 he really does care what he looks like - too much so - but better than not.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Four of my six ear piercings were done by my sister with ice cubes and a darning needle with thread tied in knots.

OUCH! I've never known how someone can do it that way. Travis had no clue about the ice. Bad part is, I told him all he'd had to do is ask and I'd have taken him to get them pierced. Much better option to the nasty infection he wound up with.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Witz, that's how my mom got her ears pierced by our neighbor who was an RN at the time. I had been asking to get mine done and my dad wouldn't let me (I was 15). So my 35yo mom finally decided to do hers first so that my dad would see that it wasn't a big deal (he was a very paranoid control freak). When it was my turn, she took me to the mall and they used the "gun" (thankfully).

difficult child 2 cut easy child's hair just before her 2nd birthday (and days before I was planning to take her in to a studio for her birthday picture). Oh, and as we were in line to see the Easter Bunny at the mall that year, an even younger toddler reached out to easy child and grabbed her cheek, leaving a huge scratch! Here's the "before" and "after" pics of her haircut a la difficult child 2: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.363998736960106.104470.100000499479482&type=1&l=e58227c0d4

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I walked in on them in her bedroom and saw the clumps of hair on the floor! difficult child 2 had also given himself a haircut... there was a bare strip like a reverse mohawk down the center of his head! And a few days later, I noticed his eyelashes were considerably SHORTER as were his eyebrows! :faint:

DammitJanet

Oh these are just kid things. I know I have told you guys that Keyana cut her absolutely gorgeous curly hair this fall. And curly hair is horrible to deal with. She took scissors right to the front of her head too. Grabbed those scissors and cut her entire bangs all around her head so she look like a fuller brush. You cannot hide a full set of curls like that with long back hair. Then she took the scissors to her little brother and cut off all his hair....lol. She got in so much trouble because she had a pageant to go to the following weekend.