difficult child still in confinement

rejectedmom

husband called the corrections facility this morning to see if difficult child could have visitors. He hasn't even had his hearing yet! so I have to hope a letter gets to him. We have to tell him what is going on and that MH is going to do an intake so they can put him on a waiting list for a group home. difficult child needs a new evaluation, I am sure he is on the autism spectrum but I cannot get it done until he is out and he keeps doing stupid things that keep delaying that. :nonono: Oh well. Can't change it just have to wait and hope. -RM

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
RM,

Looks as though your hands are tied. I hope you can "wait out" difficult children choices calmly.

I would think that the evaluations would happen (given the MH status) whether or not difficult child is in confinement. :hammer: Call me naive.

Hang tough :warrior: - this too shall pass.

everywoman

Sorry RM. I know it's hard when you try to help and they keep making the same mistakes over and over. I hope that this all comes to an end soon. He needs to be recieving psychiatric services---not be locked up alone.

rejectedmom

Linda, difficult child qualified for MH services on his previous diagnosis. They asked me to fax them a copy of his last evaluation where he was diagnosis'd among other things as borderline mentally retarded. I need to ge a new one on him as I still think he is Asperger's and misdiagnosed.

Thanks TM, I am Ok just frustrated. it is easier to know if he understands when we deliver news to him in person. I never know if he even gets my letters. Half of the time he doesn't.

Katsmom, Yes he does indeed need help. He cannot stay ut of trouble long enough to get it though! UG!

rejectedmom

Tylerfan and Busywend, Yes waiting is hard. Also, knowing that I could get him evaluated and plugged in to services and he could just turn around and do something sutpid immediately and end up right back in is so very frustrating. it sometimes makes me wonder how hard I shuld be working for him. also this is not a friendly state when it comes to mental health issues. -RM

amy4129

RM-
I'm just so sorry this is dragging on. I keeping hoping the system we work in for our difficult child's would not take such a herculean effort. Sending prayers.
Amy

Sunlight

when ant was in isolation, hearings were held on the same day each week for all prisoners who had infractions of the rules. perhaps your son already signed a paper admitting to what he had done and then the hearing would be just paperwork with him not present.

as for the evaluation and the waiting list...the evaluation can take months to get scheduled depending on whether or not they have a psychologist on duty, how long the wait list is, and how severe the problems are of the people ahead of him in line.

rejectedmom

Thanks everyone. I wrote a letter to difficult child telling him what is going on and also telling lhim he needs to stay our of trouble long enough for help to come to him. I haven't mailed it yet. I'll try to remember to put it out for the postman tomorrow. It is very cold here and it is also supposed to snow. I try to stay in when it is like this.

I am going to call MH tomorrow (if things aren't shut down du to weather) to see if the intake was done. I know the man who was going to do it and he will be able to tell me how difficult child is doing. -RM

Janna

RM,

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you.

I hope the evaluation comes quickly and difficult child can get some help. Sending gentle hugs to you. :sad:

Janna