difficult child's effect...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK... Remember a couple years ago when Pat's grades started to really tank about the time Belle came back from Residential Treatment Center (RTC) to visit?

Well, his grades aren't too bad now, but WHEW-WEE is the attitude BAD and the screen addiction escalating. We (husband and I) were discussing it and trying to figure out WTH... And the worst of it started... When Belle was released from jail.

We haven't seen her since the jail visit in mid November. But I'm seriously, seriously thinking he is trying to cope with her eventual return... Because before I said she wouldn't and then had to eat my words (her being under 18). This time, no way on earth... But sheesh.

Liahona

I think it is just going to take time. Poor kid, poor you guys. Even if his head knows she won't come back the heart takes a bit more convincing. What does his therapist say to do?

InsaneCdn

PTSD. Poor Pat! It is NOT fair. Bad enough to have his own challenges to deal with... he is stuck with the years of what Belle has dumped on him, and... it's really tough to deal with.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Question - Screen addition, is that as in video games? I ask because I'm wondering if while playing them (if it's online) if he's got access to a chat in it as some have it and perhaps, unbeknownst to you, he's been speaking with her? Just a thought. Could be way off base.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Tiapet, yes, he does; but she doesn't.... Nor would she. She would rather talk to him on facebook. And, yes, she has, but not recently... Oddly.

Bunny

I feel so badly for Pat! The stress and anxiety that he must be feeling at the thought of her coming home must be almost unbearable for him. I hope it gets better.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We're going out to eat with her sometime in the nex few days. Pat says he'll go as long as it's a public place... *sigh* Well, it's progress. Never mind that I'm completely disgusted with biomom's family... They've apparently decided Pat is no longer in existence. Ah well, he has us.

C

Confused

He does sound stressed out poor sweetie. I wish you all the best of luck and I also think eating out in public would be a good idea. He's lucky to have you all :)