Don't give me a day off. (STAR!!)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Okay...I added a few more. This gets tricky as I can't figure out how to move the photos around.

View the first three in reverse, then the last few in reverse. It DOES tell a story. ;)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

Abbey I've got to ask.......where did you get the little elephant?? I go nutso for elephants. He's adorable!! :D The donkey is awfully cute too, by the way.

Abbey

Spork Queen
They were actually Christmas gifts that I gave to my grandmother as a child. I have tons of them that were given to me upon her death. I'd save for months to buy a dollar figurine to give to her. They sit on my shelf in my office and I looked over this morning and thought...hmmm...I could tell a story here.

I also have a huge collection of tiny salt and pepper shakers that I gave to her. You'd think one was enough, but for some reason I kept buying them for her.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL you kept buying them for her because I'm sure she made a big deal out of liking them. :) My kids did that with my Mom.......she's got a whole box of nothing but little knick knacks they bought her from Santa's Secret Shop at school.........Which I'm sure they'll get them all back again once she passes. lol

I was only able to save up to buy my grandma one gift. It was for her 65th birthday.....which for some reason was a huge deal in our family. I bought her a pretty pair of clip on earrings (she refused to pierce her ears). I remember hunting for just the right gift until my step dad nearly had a nervous breakdown. lol Which explains how I got the money.......he probably gave me a dozen odd jobs to do for it. I was so proud of that gift. Gosh, I think I was only 5 at the time. lol

Those earrings are sitting in my jewelry box. lol :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well NOW it makes sense.

The Budda, the new purse, the blurting out Mandarin.....the random use of sporks.....the chatting with total strangers. I'm a donkey pawn in another dimension.....running FREeeeee and wild with reckless abandon chatting with Godzilla sporks, and making new friends at 4:00 in the morning.

I KNEW IT WAS YOU!!! ;)

I'm just havin' a () trouble with that last group photo - you know the one of all of us chatting where you're pretending to be the heavenly body with wings? I ain't buyin' it sista. :laugh: Now if you'd been a bowling pin? MAYBE. :tongue:

GREAT STORY.....Luv ya.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'll have to look from home...dang our new security...

But I wanted to tell you...as the owner of a fairly large collection of Loony Toon salt and pepper shakers given to me by a very special child....I'll bet your grandma adored every one of those figurines.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, Suz...an adjustment might be good. But, since I'm not on any that would be a problem. :) They'd be adjusting my milk intake and that would make me REALLY angry.