Don't know how to handle my sons addiction

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
So sorry. Our son too dealt in high school but we never knew. He went to College and apparently continued to deal...and moved onto heavier drugs.

He died clinically...now he is on medications he needs...went to treatment and is home working. Truly...if he hadn't died and came back...He wouldn't be here.

It is hard...beyond hard...I. believe any treatment can help. Is he self .medicating??

Yes...let him suffer consequences...the law doesn't want to lock up e very young user..they want them to get help. You are dragging him to therapy...drug test him at home...take the phone if your comfortable...do. not let him have cash..rock up what u have at home.

Find out your options...protect your other children and be honest with th e m...it's a huge learning lesson.

PrAying
Your not alone

susiestar

Roll With It
This is a tough situation. Others have given great advice.

Please remember that this is at least as tough on your other children as it is on you and your husband. The other kids also need help to cope with this. They need you to be honest about everything, and they need more help than you can provide.

Alateen may be very helpful for them. It is for children with a family member who is an addict/alcoholic. It runs on the 12 steps but is adjusted for kids. I don't know if Narcanon has a similar program, but most Alateen programs don't care if the addict is an alcoholic or is addicted to something else. Therapy may also help your kids. Here is a link to their website: http://al-anon.org/for-alateen

I am NOT saying that you are neglecting your other kids. I am just saying that it can be easy for the other kids to get lost in the chaos, and we need to remember that they are affected also.