DWTS's Finale.

DDD

husband and I managed to stay awake to the very end. I thought it was
a really fun show and, of course, was delighted that my people
got the trophy. The camraderie among the contestants made it seem like a party rather than a competition. Did you all enjoy it too? DDD

DDD

by the way, what was the significance of the milk carton. As usual lately, lol, I missed something. DDD

'Chelle

I thought the finale was pretty good. Everyone was having a good time, and yes felt like a bit of a party atmosphere getting started already. I'm glad Helio won, and I really think the freestyle dance did in Mel & Maks. Their dance just didn't have the excitement to get people voting. Julianne looked absolutely shocked when they were announced, they both did, and looked genuinely happy to have won. I liked Jane & Tony's little poke at CarrieAnne with the lift. Jane just dances so gracefully. And of course Cameron taking off his shirt. Wow, he must work out to keep those abs that way, NICE. :thumb: LOL

The milk was from the Indy 500 victory traditions. The winner of the Indy gets a bottle of milk to drink, why I don't don't know, guess I could look that up. LOL So, being a race car driver winning the big trophy, they handed him some milk. It was kind of cute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 'Chelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The winner of the Indy gets a bottle of milk to drink, why I don't don't know, guess I could look that up. LOL</div></div>
OK, I did go look it up.

Indianapolis 500 traditions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Winner’s Drink of Milk

Three-time “500” winner Louis Meyer regularly drank buttermilk on a hot day, as his mother had told him it would refresh him, and he consumed some in Victory Lane as a matter of course after earning his third “500” victory in 1936. A dairy industry executive happened to see a photograph of this in the following day’s newspaper and, believing it to be regular milk, vowed to make sure this would be repeated in the coming years. Milk was part of the Victory Lane ceremony between 1937 and 1941 and then again in 1946, the first year after World War II, but disappeared between 1947 and 1955. The tradition was revived in 1956 and continues to this day.</div></div>

Lothlorien

Loved the show, but it was too long. I think they could have cut some of the fluff down to get it down to a one hour show. Thank goodness for DVRs!

Honestly, either one of them could have gone home with that trophy. They were both equally good, but Chelle is right...that Freestyle that Mel and Maks did had nothing to do with Latin or Ballroom Dancing. It was just bad!

A few of the couples did lifts on purpose, poking at Carrie Ann. Very clever.

So, what is up with all the kissing Helio and Julianne are doing??????

DDD

husband and I were "looking" to see if Helio or Julianne had SO's in
the crowd as a few CD family members indicated they were both in
committed relationships. We didn't see any signs. So, lol, we
decided to just roll with it even if it is fantasy...they surely
do make one hot couple. DDD

PS: husband surprised me by asking if I thought that "living in South
Beach" and having so many "male friends" might be significant. LOL I told him him that even though I am a senior citizen I trust my gut on Helio....he is a hot hetero!

Ephchap

I still think Sabrina was the best dancer, but it wasn't meant to be.

Between Mel and Helio, I thought Mel was a better dancer tehnically. She really nailed every routine (except their freestyle, which was disjointed and boring). Helio had charisma though. You couldn't help but love the guy. I was tickled he won.

It's my understanding that he's engaged, but has delayed the wedding plans a bit, supposedly to give him some time after this show to relax a bit so he can focus more on the wedding plans. When asked if his fiance was jealous of Julieanne, he said something like, "Of course she is. I get to go out and dance with a beautiful young lady and put my hands all over her - and it's because the dance calls for it." lol. He was cracking up. It sounds like he's very in love with his fiance from everything I heard.

I really thought she and Apollo had something going last year, but they kept making a point of saying they had a brother/sister relationship. I wasn't sure if they kept stressing that because she had a boyfriend/fiance (I'm not sure if they are officially engaged, but have been dating for a while) or because Apollo "played for the other team". Not really sure. lol.

I thought it was a great season though. I'm always amazed at how much the dancers improve in such a short time and by the end of the season, are really incredible dancers.

Deb

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yep,it makes you go hmmmmm, that's for sure.

I enjoyed Helio's dances much more than Mel B's so I'm thrilled that he won!

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
I still think Mel is the better dancer and that it is harder for the women celebrities.

However, after the freestyle I figured that Helio and Julianne had the victory sewn up.

I'm just glad that Marie, the bride of Chucky, didn't win.

~Kathy