easy child/difficult child is still sober day44

rejectedmom

He is still positive and mostly upbeat. He is attending AA pretty much every day, and doing his readings. He has a sponsor now and is checking in regularly. He also re-connected with his best friend and is spending time with him again. Is this the difference with a easy child/difficult child and a difficult child? I do not know but I never felt this hopeful with difficult child#2. He was all about going through the motions but never really buying into the recovery work. easy child/difficult child is highly motivated and admits to feeling much healthier since he stopped drinking and is determined to get on with a good life. No drama thank goodness, we had enough of that with difficult child#2 to last a lifetime. I am guardely hopeful for easy child/difficult child. I realize it is early in his recovery but he is doing all the right things.

You have every right to be optimistic about your easy child/difficult child. Let's hope that he can continue to be sober for many more days.

Nancy

That really is very good news. Every day he stays sober is a day closer he gets to longterm sustained sobriety. I'm glad he has a sponsor, that is crucial.

Nancy

rejectedmom

Thank you Nancy , Kathy, and Pinevally. Tomorrow could be a difficult day for him. We meet with HR at his place of employment and see if,when,and how he can go back to work. He is very nervous and fixated on that at the moment.