easy child passed the OGT!!!

F

flutterbee

easy child passed all 5 sections of the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test - required in order to graduate - they start taking it sophomore year) - first try!!!! :smile: Not only that, he tested accelerated in math and science. NOT ONLY THAT, testing was the week I was in the hospital.

I'm so excited for him that I'm shaking!

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bravo: Enjoy every little success they have. It recharges the batteries for the not so good days.

Congratulations.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #990000"> what fantastic news! i know what a relief it is to not have to worry about this.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Nancy

That's great news Heather. I know we sweated it out too. I was so relieved to find out my difficult child passed all 5 parts too. The guidance counselor said she tested accelerated in two parts and highly proficient in the other three.

I'm curious, did your easy child take the practice test last year and if so how did he do? My difficult child took it but didn't pass any part last year so we were very worried. Also did they do Study Island to help prepare? It was required at our school and it took a lot of time all year but I guess it proved valuable.

Congrats to easy child.

Nancy

DDD

Thanks for sharing happy news. We all need to have something to
smile about! Hugs. DDD

F

flutterbee

Thank you all. I'm so happy for him and proud of him.

Nancy - Yes, he took the practice OGT last year, but we never got the results. I remember that he didn't think he did well at all. No, they didn't use Study Island. However, difficult child has attended ECOT (the online school Lisa's daughter attends) in the past and they use Study Island to prepare for the achievement tests and I can't say enough good things about it.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Awesome!!! Tell him congrats from all of his cyber-Aunties!!!

Love hearing good news!!!!