Error code 404??

T

TeDo

Seems the only thing I can't access is the forums themselves. I can go to my profile, ect, just not the forum index or the forums. Now to make it confusing......if I click on the New post option.....it will let me into the forums that way sometimes.

I'll go out and try it with IE. :)
I use internet explorer and just started having problems with this again today. If you get it figured out (my cache is cleared) let me know. It is annoying the **** out of me.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have the site bookmarked to go straight into the forums... Maybe that's why I've not had this issue for a while?

R

runawaybunny

Although I haven't been able to replicate these errors on my own computer there are a few random 404 errors in today's server error logs. It's not clear exactly what is causing those errors, but I have a feeling that something must have gotten kerfrumpled when I accidentally knocked the redirects offline a couple of days ago.

I added a couple of additional redirect rules to the site navigation to see if that might be the problem.

Please let me know if these issues continue.

DammitJanet

Cheryl... It hadnt happened to me at all until today and then it did 3 times in a row after I logged off my computer and came back online. I sort of assumed it might be because I was out of town and using a condo internet whatever...you know what I mean. The thing I am using to make my laptop get online. Lord my words arent coming out right...lol. Sorry. But I did clear cache and I logged off and on each time. I am using firefox. I do have chrome and can use it and I guess I will do that for the rest of the time but just wanted to let you know since it hadnt happened to me before.

R

runawaybunny

Janet, do you happen to remember if that earlier in the day or if it happened just prior to your post? I'm trying to determine if the new redirect rules were in place yet, or not...

exhausted

I've had trouble with that 404 code for awhile-I bookmarked the site and everytime I end up with the code. I then click forums tab and it goes. Actually had weird things since the system was fixed/xhanged a few months ago. Takes forever to get to advanced post if at all.

R

runawaybunny

I've had trouble with that 404 code for awhile-I bookmarked the site and everytime I end up with the code. I then click forums tab and it goes.
If you wind up with an error every time you use that bookmark then that bookmark probably goes to a url is corrupted or has been removed. I suggest that you simply load the forum and bookmark the forum again, overwriting the original bookmark.

Actually had weird things since the system was fixed/xhanged a few months ago. Takes forever to get to advanced post if at all.
I'm sorry for the trouble. My guess is that you are using IE8 since it is the most prone to glitchiness. There are a couple of adjustments that I can make to the admin side that may help with the weird things. Please let me know if the problems continue.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Uh-Oh

Now I am getting error 404.

I am using IE9....and I cleared my cookies...and refreshed the page...but didn't seem to fix the problem...

R

runawaybunny

Do you remember what page gave you that error? There are no recent 404 errors logged by the server so I am unsure where to look to troubleshoot this...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Cheryl in firefox I'm still getting it when I hit on forums. In IE so far it's ok. Just thought I'd let you know in case you're trying to adjust things. :)

I think it just doesn't like firefox. lol

I started using firefox because a game on fb wouldn't work right with IE......then it became a habit. But I have issues trying to download things online from firefox which drove me nuts, so I had Travis make it so I can have both browsers working at once without crashing my computer. But lately I'm finding I'm having more issues in firefox than IE......hmm.

keista

I'm on firefox and I haven't been having any issues. Do you have the latest update? I think it was last week.