Even on a day with no

Wiped Out

Staff member
children there has to be drama. This was supposed to be our peaceful day and night with no kids.

For the most part it has been. husband and I went to a movie with our niece and then out to dinner with my niece and a friend.

However, before we headed to the movie we received a call from one of the counselor's at easy child's program. They had husband talk to her. She sneaked off campus with a boy from her school who isn't in the program! She was gone about three hours, when confronted with it at first she lied.

She is worried about her consequence when she gets home. I'm not even sure what to do. I'm so frustrated that she keeps making such bad choices. Still can't decide is she a difficult child or a easy child? She is on restriction at the program and won't get to go on any of the mini trips. I think her weekend there will be very boring which is good.

Later I received a call from the nurse at the program. easy child had vomited after breakfast and didn't go to class this morning or this afternoon, says she is exhausted. It's so hard to know with her anymore if she is telling the truth or trying to get out of things.

I hate that this has put a damper on our day/night but we are trying to detach somewhat and not let it ruin our night. We just ordered pizza (not too healthy but I have lots of Weight Watcher's points left still for the day).

Thanks for listening, it seems I've written a lot about easy child (maybe that should be difficult child 2), I don't mean to keep whining about her.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
That is what we are here for. I think sometimes it is harder when easy child's have this kind of behavior. It throws us for that major loop. Many hugs. I understand the supposed to have a good day and the blips happen. Enjoy what you can.

hugs
beth

klmno

It's really hard to distinguish between difficult child and typical teen behavior sometimes, isn't it? Enjoy your evening- you have some time to think about consequences.

M

ML

I'm glad you are working on detaching and getting away more often. One of these times you will get through an evening without interruption.

Hang in there :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Now difficult child called, he was crying and wanted us to pick him up. We said he could call us in the morning to talk. It was hard hearing him cry like that. He said he was lonely and missed us. Go figure.

graceupongrace

WO,

So sorry you didn't get the peaceful time you had hoped for. I think Beth is right -- it really does throw us off when our pcs act up even a little. Maybe because we have such (comparatively) high expectations for them. That's what happens in my house anyway.

Sending ((( hugs))) your way.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Out your invisible headphones on and enjoy that pizza and movie!
Don't think about until the morning.

In the morning when you think about this, I am sorry that you are having to do so.