Facebook question for a puzzled coworker

BusynMember

Facebook account was taken down and she is older and really not inclined to break rules. Any ideas what may have happened? I'm not really up on how FB works. One day she woke up, signed it, and found account disabled. This is how she communicates with long distance adult children.

Jabberwockey

My guess would be that she got hacked and the hacker posted or did whatever got her banned. She needs to contact FB admin about it or simply create another account and re-contact everyone.

Tell her to look up some stuff about internet/FB security so she can better protect herself from something like that happening again.

Granted, I'm assuming she didn't post or say something that the older generation wouldn't bat an eye at and the younger, "Politically Correct", more easily butt hurt, generation might not find offensive.

Scent of Cedar *

That happened to my daughter, too. The strange thing is that I can private message her on that closed account. She cannot access it, though. We just learned that I had been posting to the closed account yesterday. When I look for her on FB, both accounts (the new one she created when the old one was closed, and the old one) come up. Both seem viable. But she can only access the new one. To her, the old one is blocked.

She doesn't know why her FB would have been closed, either.

Cedar

Jabberwockey

Cedar, that probably means that someone has hacked her and changed her password. Contact FB and request the old account be deleted.

donna723

Not sure what happened but I can venture a guess. A lot of people's Facebook accounts have been hacked. Once they're in to your account they can post objectional things that will appear to be from you. You won't be able to see the posts but your friends can. If someone reports one of these posts to Facebook they will take action. If it's bad enough they will close out the Facebook account. But sometimes they will suspend the account, usually for five days, as sort of a punishment, like being suspended from school. I've had friends who have had that happen to them. If she has access to her account again, she needs to change her FB password ASAP! As a precaution, it's not a bad idea to change the password frequently. Can't hurt!