Female question...

klmno

about breasts. I realaize that it is normal for them to get swollen and/or sore shortly before the cycle hits, but is it normal to feel a "hard" area- not so much a lump, but a good portion of one feels very hard? The other seems completely normal.

Oh- I'm also one of those people who have had previous re-takes of mammo's and ultrasounds due to extra fibrous tissue or whatever they want to call it.

busywend

Depending on the time of month, how much caffeine you have had recently and many other factors, things change all the time in the breast tissue. If you have a concern, just get it checked out. It never hurts to make sure.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
klmno

Could it be the fibrous tissue? I have a cousin who used to have trouble with that sort of thing. Seemed to be worse right around that time of the month too as I recall. Sometimes so sore and sensitive it would make tears come to her eyes. Which is likely why I remember it so many years later. I seem to recall her saying she'd have some swelling with it too.

Any redness to the skin or discharge from the nipple? (I wonder if that'll get thru the censors lol)

I know my cousin was miserable with it, and it seemed hormone related. At least her cycles made it worse.

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
OKAY miss - look e here........

GET INTO THE DOCTOR NOW -

And no - it is NOT normal for boobs to feel hard in one spot.

USE THAT INSURANCE -

It 'could' be a bricked duck. I mean a blocked duct.

GET IN THE DOCTORS NOW!!!!!!!!!

witzend

I could have a DUCK in my breast? On top of everything else? How did it get in there?

Does it quack when you do your monthly self exam? :rofl:

I get hard areas when my hormones are screwy. I probably shouldn't ignore them, either. I can't get excited about it when it happens every few months. And so far no one has ever squished husband's pecans between two pieces of glass to make sure everything's ok with him.

:mad:

Marguerite

I could have a DUCK in my breast? On top of everything else? How did it get in there?

"Why a duck?"
(apologies to Chico Marx)

Seriously - no, I don't think it's normal. Get to a doctor before you "quack" up. (that's what comes from checking your breasts while lying on your back).

Marg

klmno

OooKaaay... I'll make an appointment with my dr- I need to see her anyway to keep my script for allergy medications. Then I guess I'll be getting another mammo, which will lead to another ultrasound, which scares me to death. BUt, it would be worse for something to be going on and not be found. However, if this goes away before the appointment., it wouldn't be anything serious, right?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Is your doctor..........(omg)

A QUACK!? :tongue:

Suppose you get a bonus.......(snort)

GOOSE?

Marguerite

Klmno, don't let the ultrasound, or any other part of the process, make you nervous. If there is something nasty there, then it is already there. The sooner it is identified, the better.

And in the meantime, getting the tests etc give you a good excuse to lie on your back and take a rest. And we can at least keep you smiling along the way!

You could always dream of how Star & I would look, tarred and FEATHERED!??

Marg

klmno

Thanks, Marg and Star! I just wonder what the dr will say when I call to get an appointment because I need a duck removed!!

TerryJ2

klmno, I think you just answered your own question. I would suggest extra vit. E and B when you have PMS, which helps with-the tenderness.
Also, does this area change to a diff location every mo? That's a good thing.
Best of luck.