First day of school for difficult child 2 today and he didn't get any sleep!

Californiablonde

He starts his first day of middle school today. Last night he fell asleep around 8:00. I fell asleep shortly after. I woke up at 3:00 and found difficult child wide awake with the TV on. He had taken my phone and was playing video games with it. I asked him how long he had been awake and he said he only slept about an hour and then woke up and couldn’t fall back to sleep! I turned the TV off in hopes that he would fall asleep for at least a couple of hours, but he never did. He was still wide awake at 6:30 when we left for school. I don’t know how he is gonna make it through the day. Normally he can survive pretty well on just a few hours of sleep because he suffers frequently from insomnia, but this time he got only about an hour worth of sleep. I was already nervous about him starting his first day of middle school today and now this just makes it worse. I gave him his Focalin pill this morning and I’m sure it will help him to stay awake. Sooner or later it’s going to wear off. Now I’m sitting here at work and totally anxious about how he is going to function today. Please send positive thoughts our way.

T

TeDo

Sending lots of juju your way. difficult child 1 has that problem before something "big" is about to happen. Maybe he'll be too tired to get into any trouble???