First day of the new semester for Miss KT, and...

KTMom91

...she called to tell me a girl in her dorm has both strep and pinkeye.

The next call will be her telling me her eyes itch, and what should she do about it.

The third will be to tell me her throat feels scratchy and she's tired.

I swear, this reminds me of the note I wrote for her in second grade..."Please excuse Miss KT's tardiness this morning. She had a severe case of hypochondria."

Sigh. :groan:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ohhhhh... I so wish Onyxx didn't know the word "hypochondria"...

Well, look at it this way. For itchy eyes, ice-cold washcloth. Wash face well. Scratchy throat? Honey lemon tea. Most people don't like it. Bwahahahaha!

We work with a woman who gets every disease she sees on tv. Restless Leg Syndrome,........you name it.....lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That is so husband. I'm still trying to figure out how he could possibly think he "catches" kidney pain/issues.........bur miraculously he does every time I so much as have a twitch. :rofl:

I've found showing little concern and giving direct and short answers nips it in the bud pretty quickly. Doesn't stop them from coming down with symptoms, does stop them carrying on about it for excessively long.

susiestar

Roll With It
Miss KT will not be the only one calling home with htis. I can remember realizing that every semi "cool" guy on my dorm floor was calling home at the same time about some problem. Then I realized they had all been to visit my next door neighbor's room in the last week and she was spending some time at the Health Center for a "personal infection". Seems there was a run on antibiotics at the student health center from my dorm floor (co ed dorm).

Marguerite

No, dumbopendulitis is hanging around looking stupid.

The other one is "plumbo-" meaning lead. Plumbing pipes traditionally (back in Roman times) were made of lead, which is why it's called plumbing. The symbol for lead is Pb, for this reason.

Marg