Fixed Delusions

JJJ

Kanga has a couple of fixed paranoid delusions. The therapist can't reach her because to Kanga these are very real. Are there any medication that helps treat impaired reality: delusions, hallucinations, etc??????

F

flutterbee

The anti-psychotic medications, like Risperdal, are the only one's I'm familiar with.

smallworld

How much Abilify is she taking?

Any antipsychotic will treat delusions, hallucinations, paranoia and impaired reality. The atypical (newer) antipsychotics include Abilify. Risperdal, Seroquel, Geodon and Zyprexa.

klmno

I don't know about the medications, JJJ, but wanted to tell you I'm glad to see that it looks like there is actually a worthwhile therapist in your all's lives right now. I read an earlier post by you but didn't have a chance to respond. It sounds like this therapist is really in tune with what is going on and based on my experience, they should be able to help. When they sit there looking befuddled and it's obvious they can't see real difficult child issues, I figure I'm wasting my time. I'm so glad you finally got a little relief and reason to hope!!!

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ - I'd give several limbs if there were a medication to address this. I don't think thank you's hallucinating but his delusions are ... well, several words come to mind, only a few printable. ;) How 'bout maddening, irrational, impossible to work with, self-defeating? Every kid is different, but I think the only antipsychotic we haven't tried is Haldol. Nothing has touched his thought disorder.

If you haven't gotten appeal in yet, this is *exactly* the stuff they need to hear. Heck, even if you have sent in the appeal, I'd see if you can get progress note from therapist and fax it as an addendum to appeal.

Hugs. Wish I had a better suggestion or ten.