Focusing on the Present

Jeppy

How do you focus on the present?

I'm reminded of the Bible saying about not borrowing trouble from tomorrow, sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof - HOWEVER, it is very hard for me to not be concerned about my difficult child's future and his ability to hold down a job and be self-supporting when I see where he's at right now. He just doesn't have any respect for authority and his people skills are limited.

One time I tried meditation - it worked fine at the meditation temple, but at home forget it! I just could not concentrate.

M

ML

I pray and ask God to take it. Even though I take it back, I keep trying to give it back over because beyond what I *can* do (insert serenity prayer here to help determine what that is), I'm powerless. That's the scariest part of all. So pray, come here and talk and know that others understand and support you, and try to distract yourself with the task at hand. If it's washing dishes, try to really pay attention to the pattern in the china and if it's washing clothes, keep the focus there. I find it helps to take walks and focus on the blades of grass and leaves on the tree. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I have to sometimes forceably bring my thoughts in where they can do no harm. Because I am convinced that if we let those crazy thoughts go unchecked they make it 100 times worse. Thinking of you and wishing you moments of peace in your day. Love ML