For An Extra $1

B

Bunny

So I'm trying to find ways to keep difficult child occupied and out of easy child's hair during homework. Yesterday worked, but I know I can't use the same tactics every day. I was thinking about it, and he's always looking for ways to help. So, this morning I talked to him and for an extra $1 a week in his allowance (he gets $6 now) he's going to fold laundry when he gets home from school.

Not bad. He keeps busy and I get to pay tiny wages!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Not bad - if he does it.

Doesn't work for my kids. They don't do their chores, then demand money.

I started a new thing, where if we have to remind them, they don't get paid and have to do it anyway. That bombed, too.

However - if he does it? SWEET!

B

Bunny

Believe it or not, he can be pretty good about his chores. Actually, I think the biggest problem is ME reminding him to do them. He seemed really excited about it this afternoon when he got home from school and asked me to teach how to fold and what to do with the laundry when it's all folded. I wanted him to do it while easy child was doing homework, but he said that he wanted to do it when he got home because if we did it my way he would play, have to stop to do the folding, and then go back to playing. I said that was fine, but I reminded him that the whole idea was that he not bother easy child. I think this might work. Like everything else I'll just have to wait and see.

ready2run

hope that works for you! beleive it or not difficult child is the only one of my kids i can get to do chores...lol. sure, he whines about it but he does it. the other kids stare blankly at me like i am speaking a foreign language or something.