For those of you with chronic autoimmune issues....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Last week, my physciatrist (rehab doctor) put me on a medication called Savella. Another one of those medications that has been used in Europe for years but just approved this past January by the FDA.

Saying that, as I'm titrating up on Savella, something is different in a better way. I cannot for the life of me tell you what it is, but there is a change.

AND I love that the manufacturer of the medication isn't advertising it - MDs aren't being overwhelmed with requests for a medication that isn't necessarily the right thing for that patient. The MDs are ecstatic over that.

Just wanted to pass this along to you who are suffering chronic autoimmune issues. I haven't looked up to see what it's even used for - I took MD at his word that we should try it. Didn't ask why. How's that for clueless?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Its about dang time for something to go good for you, TL.

YEAH!

Here's to this being just the beginning... :wine:

flutterby

Fly away!
Linda,

It's actually an AD that is not approved for depression, but rather fibromyalgia.

My doctor gave me a sample pack, but I haven't started it yet. I need to find out first if my insurance will cover it or there's no point.

I'm glad it's helping. How long did it take before you noticed a change?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Linda -

I'm happy for you!!!! Maybe this will be THE miracle pill that you have needed. ;) - I shall call it - Mother's little helper. :tongue:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
No, Star, that would be my "little yellow pill". :bigsmile:

Heather, I've been on this medication 10 days; it's been the last couple of days that I've noticed something different. Again, cannot put my finger on it but it's good. Physically something has changed.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself ~ if this is the answer to many of my ongoing issues since the brain injury what a find!

I was warned this wouldn't change the after effects of the brain trauma - that is what it will be. I'm just to note when, what & how I feel different. Hope I can sort it out in the next couple of days or so.

DammitJanet

Can you give me a hint of how you are feeling better? Less pain? More joint mobility? Better mood? Anything?

Im leery of adding an AD into my mix because of the bipolar but would maybe be willing to try it. Maybe. If I knew someone else had good results with pain or fatigue or...something.

crazymama30

I am interested in this as well, husband's physiatrist (his pain doctor) wanted to put him on this---I nixed him at the time as it was only 1 week after he was d/c'd from psychiatric hospital and it is an antidepressant. doctor was also interested in maybe cymbalta. husband sees psychiatrist in Jan, I am going to ask psychiatrist if husband could try one of these. All medication changes must first go thru psychiatrist--he is the medication gate keeper

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Janet, I think it's that I have more energy; the pain is lessened a bit as well but I still need my pain medications.

I take cymbalta along with the savella (& a whole lot more).

I'm assuming it works differently on each person.

CM30, I'm on both cymbalta & savella. The cymbalta was added as an AD mostly. The combo of both of them seems to be doing something - less fatigue.

I know what's so different - less confusion or fogginess! That's it! I'm not searching so hard to stay on track.

DammitJanet

Hmmm....I dont know. Maybe. I will have to think about it. Im so scared about an AD. Throwing me into mania is such a concern. Sigh.