Found her

exhausted

So here is the text trail-

difficult children friend(whom I called earlier to see if he knew anything about her whereabouts) "A___ is here"

Me-"Thanks for letting me know" (I am about to get frantic as I can't track her and no FB trail either-only thing I know is she told another friend she was going to see her "baby"-we didn't even know she had a boyfriend.)

difficult children friend-"Please come get her at 8"

Me- " Why 8? (It is 4:25 at the time)She knows when she leaves without permission, she gets herself home."

difficult children friend- "But its cold"

me-"Yes it is. This is why I dont recommend leaving your warm home without permission, staying gone all night, and not having a ride home."

difficult children friend-"We want to watch a movie"

me-"P.S. It gets colder after the sun goes down"

No response.
I'm glad she is less than a mile away now and she is alive. But I have very little left in terms of parenting authority-I have to stick to my guns. We told her we would not transport if she ran off. Sometimes she has been over 30 miles away and this is time and money. And the nerve of her! We are here worrying and she wants to watch a movie?? difficult child-teenage frontal cortex malfunction alert!!

klmno

me-"Yes it is. This is why I dont recommend leaving your warm home without permission, staying gone all night, and not having a ride home."

Oh- I'm writing that in my little notebook for future use! She's less than a mile away- tough, she can get herself home. My difficult child went to a friends house a few blocks away once when he was about 12-13yo without permission and I didn't know where he was- they refused to answer calls. It started downpouring rain. Tough. He snuck out at night once, was nowhere to be found when I saw he was gone- around 11:00-12:00. The doors got locked once I became too tired to wait up anymore. Apparently, he tried to get back in around 3:00. Wouldn't call because 'he didn't want to get in trouble'. So I hear he slept in a friends dog house that night. That story does trouble me, but really, how much can we do? That didn't teach him a lesson either.

exhausted

Thanks klmo-I'm glad I am not alone in the tough love about running off. Actually I love the doghouse thing-in more than one way!
I took your advise and after posting here decided to copy and post in the general forum. Hope that I don't scare anyone. She's a tough one.