From Justine... main board, success with- Tofranil

mensagal
Member posted 11-22-1999 12:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all .. just an update to say that difficult child is still taking her tofranil and I am constantly amazed at how big a difference a simple medication like an anti-depressant has made for all of us She is happy , compliant , friendly and hasn't tormented her easy child sister any more than a 'normal' kid since she started the medications. YIPPEEEE !!!
I wish everyone else could have the same success as I have - our whole family has changed completely and the 'happiness' is just soooooo wonderful to see. The fact that Pete & I (my new b/f) are going strong and the kids adore him is another great bonus.
So life here is wonderful and I pray that each & every one of you can see the same change in your own difficult child's soon.

Best of luck !
Justine

IP: Logged

DeeRedwitch
Moderator posted 11-22-1999 12:31 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats! Nice to read such happy news. Now I think I'll go sit in a corner and sulk.
------------------
Dee (formerly desperatesinglemom)
Single mom to 12 year old girl (adopted at 4-1/2). ODD, mild Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), faulty reasoning. On 50 mgs. Zoloft. I'm on 40 mgs. Prozac (but not working too well.)

IP: Logged

De De
Member posted 11-23-1999 01:23 AM
Glad to hear the good news!!! My difficult child is doing much better also with his medications. I haven't been around the board as much, as things are going smooth around here and I can actually do something without my difficult child throwing a big fit. Hope that everything continues to go well for you and yours.
Dee, Please don't go sulk, your day to shall come. Youv'e earned a good break!!

Happy Holidays!!!

------------------
De De a.k.a. thank you's mom > mother of 4 beautiful kids // 3 girls & 1 boy > ages 12, 8, 3 & 1 // 8yr. old son ODD, Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) (instead of ADHD) tourettes, & depression on Welbutrin SR 100mg 2x's daily now also on Risperdal 1mg. taking 1/2 tablet daily. Also doing physical therapy for the Sensory Integration Disorder (SID). >> married to a wonderful man ( old highschool sweetheart > took 7 yrs. to get back together since we last dated) for 6 1/2 yrs.
one of my own quotes: Everyone walks a tightrope, but it's the ones that are in balance with life that stay up.

TAKE CARE and GOD BLESS may we all stay in balance!!!