Funny Bones

Lothlorien

I'm sitting here enjoying this Hostess treat, only because the store had this giant display and they were selling them for a dollar and my son (who is sick, by the way) is pointing and saying yum! I thought for a dollar, I'd buy them. I haven't had them since I was a little kid. Before we got down the next aisle I had opened one up for him and he devoured it. He was quite thrilled with it. So here I sit with a box of them and I broke down and opened one up for myself. WOW! Yum.

What's the treat that you remember from when you were a kid? Do they still make them? Do they still taste the same?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
About once a year I buy a package of Twinkies. My eyes roll into the back of my head with pleasure when I take that first bite. Hmmm.....it's probably about that time to get my annual fix...

Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lady Fingers with the white cream in the middle - YUM - haven't seen them with the cream for years. And Date Nut Loaf - it came in a paper wrap covered in plastic and it was tiny. My mom would buy it for me and give me slices with cream cheese - another YUM - I think they still have this, but now I make my own. And lastly, those cookies that they don't make and I can't remember the name of: Nabisco made them. They were like two Nilla Wafers with marshmallow in between (not the ones covered in chocolate). Oh, and yodels which I treat myself to only when I'm on a road trip!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I love Ding Dongs and Yodels but they have to be refrigerated. My mouth waters thinking about them.
Recently I had Baked Cheeto's. Now I hadn't had a Cheeto since before the kids probably. It is so unnatural but yum.
Which is why I have to do this. :smile:

amstrong

Suzy Q's (yes they are still good) and Cherry mash, a candy I used to get when a kid in Missouri. A couple of years ago, on the way to my Mom's, we stopped for gas, pottie and snacks and I found some of these. husband and difficult child thought I was nuts-as I did do a happy dance in the aisle and bought about 6 of them. Now, when we go by that store, difficult child and husband insist that we stop and get our fix of Cherry Mash!

These are my childhood vices!

See ya!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm still a Ding Dong fanatic - but only when really stressed. Okay, so that's a lot of ding dongs. :rofl:

Of late, I've gone to the store daily, specifically for an apple fritter - I savor that fritter with a glass of cold milk while reading the paper. Whatever works - right? :hammer:

donna723

I was always a total sucker for the Hostess cupcakes, the chocolate ones with the little white squiggles of icing on top! I used to buy them out of my puny little allowance when I was a kid. I even had it down to a science how I would eat them and save the smooshy white inside stuff for last. I don't dare buy them now! If I ever got started on them again, I probably couldn't stop myself .....

:smile: (should be doing this, but I'm not!)

Stella Johnson

What is a funny bone?

My favorites are the twinkies. I cant buy them. I will eat the entire box in a couple of days and I have read the calorie content. :smile:

steph

Lothlorien

Funny bones are chocolate cakes with a chocolate shell around it with this gooey peanut butter stuff in the center! You have got to get yourself some!