Good morning Tuesday

crazymama30

As long as I did not miss the good morning post.

It is 3:15am, and I cannot sleep. So I figured I would post and wish everyone a good day. Not sure what my day will bring, but will deal with it when the world wakes up. I think I shall start some coffee, it will be a long day.

LittleDudesMom

Good Tuesday Morning!!!

CM, I'm an early riser, but 3:15 is WAY early! Hope the day finds you some time to nap or at least take it easy for a little while.

I'll be at the office most of the day today and would like to get my nails done as well. I'm taking care of myself early in the week, colored my hair yesterday, since later in the week will be all about the 4th of July party prep!

Wishing everyone a great day,

Keep cool :laugh:

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

CM, I hope the caffeine has kicked in by now!

Sharon (LDM), Hope you have time to get your nails done today. Sounds like you're going to be BUSY but in a fun way getting ready for July 4th:D.

This morning difficult child 2 was picked up by cab to go to a summer course he is taking. He won't be home until 1 p.m.:bigsmile::beautifulthing:!!! I'm going to take easy child job hunting and run a few errands before he returns.

Hope everyone has at least one reason to smile today... SFR

Marguerite

G'day, people.

CM, sorry you can't sleep. If there's any hope for you getting back to sleep, is it a good idea to start with coffee so early?

Sharon/LDM, sounds like a lot of primping going on. Very glamorous! You know - I've never had my nails done professionally.

We just got back from mother in law's place. We were watching Shrek 3 on DVD (niece hadn't seen it) and I really wanted to go home sooner, but we'd come down in the car. It's really cold here, the coldest June day for Sydney for 28 years. It's still above zero (C) and I know a lot of you think we're wimps for finding that cold, but we're not used to it. And it's funny - Sydney cold feels colder than cold in other places. I didn't feel so cold in NZ even though temperatures were lower. They forecast a minimum of 5 C for this morning, but there was ice on car windscreens in the village. And because we're by the sea, it doesn't get as cold here as in other parts of Sydney. So it was a lot lower than forecast!

Tomorrow is my last day of radiation treatment. I gave them a thank you gift today because I also had to see the doctor today; tomorrow should be a fast in-out job. No need to hurry home, either.

Today we got home half an hour before the cleaner. She's new (at our house - she also cleans for mother in law) so I hit the ground running, figuratively at least. With her help I cooked osso bucco, so that's for dinner tomorrow night. I've got choir tomorrow evening. Frankly, it will give me an earlier night.

Tonight mother in law kept saying, "Marg is quiet tonight. Is everything OK?"
"I'm fine. I'm just tired, that's all. And a bit more sore, like I showed you."
Then half an hour later she was asking husband (as if I wasn't in the room), "Marg is quiet tonight. Very subdued. Are you sure everything is OK?"
Several times more through the evening. So somehow for some reason, mother in law is worrying about something, possibly concerned I'm upset with her. Since niece cooked dinner (she made a delicious soup and I was glad to not cook for a change) I'm wondering if she was concerned my nose was out of joint for being displaced in the kitchen. Of course, I don't work that way, not at all, but sometimes I feel she doesn't know me that well despite so many years now.

No, it's just tiredness. And quite a sudden escalation in skin damage - I need to wear something like a soft bra to hold dressings in place, since no adhesives are permitted. But even my support singlet tops now are chafing too much. And going without a bra means not only no support, but folds of flesh rubbing and even more pain and damage. They did warn me I'd feel tired and sore. I've done well to get this far before I needed to put dressings on the sore areas. I've got it sorted out, sort-of, but the added pain etc is making me even more tired. I'm doing my best to just sit and do as little as I can physically, where I can. Today after the cleaner left, I went to bed and stayed there until mid-afternoon.

So it's the last ridiculously early start tomorrow. I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Thursday morning!

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Have a nice Tuesday everyone - I'm hoping for one!

Had to leave the AC's going for our dogs today. I hate doing that because I normally only AC the bedrooms at night and don't like to waste the electric during the day, but the inside of our house is steamy. So I have a fan down the hall to blow the cool air to the other end of the house. It's like the Clampetts live there - lol. At least the little pups will be cooler.

crazymama30

Marg, It is not a good idea, but I have to make it untill one or two this afternoon before I can nap, and even then it is uncertain. I had the same thought as I started the coffee though.:tongue:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning kids.
crazymama,I get nights like that too. It does make the day drag on. Sometimes a 15 min nap is all I need. Hope your day isn't too overwhelming
LDM, a manicure sounds like a nice way to spend your lunch time break.
SFR, good morning to you.
Marguerite, I was wondering if large rolls of gauze could keep dressings in place or a soft ace bandage. A binder type thing would be too irritating. I would try a support group website for suggestions on dressings. I'm sure you are exhausted and m i l is probably worried about you and she should be. You aren't really controlling your schedule to make it less hectic. Being super woman isn't really necessary at this time in your life. You can get back to it when your strength returns. Congratulations on getting through such a harrowing experience. Looking back you will wonder how you got through it. difficult child's prepare us. One day at a time. Hugs and more hugs.

Hearts and roses, I hear you about the a/c. My pups really suffer. I have a fan in the garage with the window open but with the temps we have had the last month, they have been inside
dogs who lay on the a/c vent. Hope your guys appreciate that you are so thoughtful. (I know they do)

Yesterday was hectic with different people in and out of the house so today is just catch up. Hope your day is productive.