Good Tuesday Morning

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Wiped Out, Sep 29, 2009.

  1. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning Friends,

    Everyone must be sleeping in a bit extra this morning! It's going to be a cool day here with temps hitting 55 at best. We have a frost warning for tonight. Good weather for a roast in the crockpot!

    Today it's my turn to stay with difficult child. He really is doing much better but we need to keep him home for sure for today and maybe tomorrow-I'm hoping he'll be back at school tomorrow! His energy level with this is still rather high, getting him to rest isn't easy. One good thing about staying home is I'll be able to squeeze in a nap at some point!

    Tonight husband and I will head to the health club.

    Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

  2. LittleDudesMom

    LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning Sharon and all to follow!

    You are right - at least I know I slept in! difficult child woke before I did! Glad difficult child is feeling better today - you enjoy that nap!

    Since I've gotten a late start this morning, I'm going to come home and do some things upstairs after dropping difficult child at school - I focused on the downstairs and the laundry yesterday - straighten up a bit and put laundry away this morning. I'll head to the office about 11 or so - not too much work lately.......

    Hit one of our local farmer's markets with my cousin after picking up difficult child from school. A few small local tomatoes left, great apples, eggplant (yum, I'm cooking that for dinner tonight) and lots of root veggies (which I didn't get). I got a couple of these apples I had never seen or heard of before. They are called Virginia black something or other, can't remember the last part. They are dark, dark burgandy. Can't wait to try it. I love when the apples come in!

    Wishing you all a great Tuesday!

  3. tiredmommy

    tiredmommy Site Moderator

    Good morning. :coffee2:

    Sharon- I hope you have a peaceful day at home with difficult child and he's ship-shape to return to school in the morning. There have been lots of sick kids here already, it makes me nervous about winter.

    I don't have a lot on my schedule today: groceries and few things around the house. It's my catch up day from the weekend: I worked Friday and Monday (and Duckie had activities after school), husband and I helped at a church sponsored basket raffle on Saturday/Sunday, Duckie's GS troop volunteered to help the runners in a nearby town for the Hospice Dash on Saturday, and she had her big home coming game on Sunday. She, of course, was sick the whole time with her asthma bothering her. She's getting better about using her inhaler, though.

    So, sorry I haven't been around much but life has been very hectic!

    Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:
  4. Good Morning all! Hope all have a fabulous day! I have a counseling appointment. with my son to discuss his reward chart. Need a new system.LOL!
  5. Fran

    Fran Former desparate mom

    Good morning all.

    with-O, poor difficult child must really be down and out. Hope he starts to feel himself. A nap is a good thing. A crock pot meal sounds yummy. I'll be over later.

    LDM, I love this time of year too. Lots of good things at the market. I made stuffed peppers on Sunday. Work slowing down is always a worry. Hopefully it's a blip on the screen.

    TM, I do believe that is the first time I have seen you type that you don't have much on your plate for the day. LOL. Hope Duckie is feeling better.

    husband and I attended a fund raiser for autism. It was an auction. I won 2 desserts a month for a year from a fancy schmancy bakery. Yum. I figure it will force me to be more social. I'll invite people over to share the desserts.

    Sunday was our own version of "Meet The Faulkers". I invited difficult child's girlfriend's parents over. The parents have tried to limit the time the young couple are together so I figured it would be good if they met difficult child's parents and realize we aren't northern carpetbaggers out to steal their daughter. In the end, we had a lovely time and decided we could be friends regardless of what our kids do. I made stuffed peppers for lunch and we ended up sitting at the table for 4 hrs. Not a problem keeping the conversation going. The "kids' of course left since they were both sure their parents would embarass them. (if they only knew). Just call me Babs.

    Bootcamp continues and I am able to jog longer and longer. Friday is the last day but I am going to sign up for 2 to 3 mornings a week when I'm in town. It really does help to keep me on a schedule.

    So that's it from a chilly morning in NC.
  6. therese005us

    therese005us New Member

    Good morning everyone!
    After very little sleep, since I spent from 11pm till around 4am on the nebuliser, double dosing and wishing i could ring the Ambulance and be done with it, I basically dragged myself around. Found i needed to sit on the nebuliser the whole day and some. My little DD12 has been rather worried about me and has gone to bed with her mobile under her pillow determined to ring 000 if she hears me on the nebuliser again tonight.
    I dosed cherub with another 6 sachets of full strength movicol, expecting to be mopping up around her all day. NOTHING!! just a dribble here and there, and a lot of urinating. (because she's so impacted, it's pressing on her urethea). She was not so cooperative today, and whinged every time I sent her to change clothes and sit on the toilet. She has been pale and cold all day, and her tummy is tight as a drum.
    Can't wait till the paed is in tomorrow, I'll be on the phone as soon as it's opening hours.
    DS19 well, if you've seen the other post, you'll know my problem. I checked out hotel rates near his job, and rang his psychologist who was to have met with him this week. Unfortunately, it's postponed, but I filled him in on my concerns and he's wiser still since he read the past doctor reports.
    Phoned and requested urgent contact from Drugarm, and have a number for a confidential AA person for DS19 to ring. I'm insisting he does, or he's out, OUT!! There are AA meetings on Sunday nights. I was in no fit state to discuss this with him today.
    When I picked him up I was already on migraine medication, so just came home and lay down. I've taken two lots already, and I'm about to dose again. I have to get through this week somehow.
    I seem to be weighted down with worries. I really need to fix a fence and chase my cows home before a neighbour complains..... here's hoping they wander in to the nice neighbour's paddock...

    Good night for now and enjoy your cool days....
  7. timer lady

    timer lady Queen of Hearts

    Good morning all.

    Sounds like everyone's day is already on the go. I just woke up (Sally woke me up whining to go out) & have a bit of cleaning & laundry to get done this morning then off to PT.

    To those of you feeling ill may you feel better soon (same to yoru difficult children). To those of you feeling blue (((hugs))).

    Enjoy your day.
  8. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day, folks.

    husband & I just got in after a very long day. We left late morning to begin the errand round.

    1) Get to butcher to collect meat order (we'd brought Esky with cooler bricks for the job).

    2) Collect easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2.

    3) Head for city to wholseale fabric place. We'd brought the wedding dress and felt very conspicuous carrying this very long garment bag up narrow flgihts of stairs and then through crowded shelves of fabric and rolls of lace, to find the best match. We bought about a metre each of two different wide bands of stretch lace, so easy child 2/difficult child 2 can double-check which one she likes, in daylight. Either will do, though. These bands of stretch lace are about a handspan wide, all she has to do is hand-stitch a strip on each side to turn her strapless wedding gown into one with wide shoulder bands. Angles slightly and gathered in a little, it will make it into a sweetheart neckline. She's coming over tomorrow (todat - it's Wednesday here already!) to do that sewing. We also have some paperwork to finish, as part of her complaint proceedings against her (former) employer. At wholesale fabric place she bumped into an old school friend, was very glad to have the chance to show off her wedding dress!

    4) Left the city an hour ahead of schedule but late for lunch. Decided to keep heading out because if we'd stopped for lunch while still close to the heart of the city, we risked getting stranded by peak hour traffic. So we got most of the way out before we found a group of shops with food available. Stopped and enjoyed a break and a late lunch.

    5) Met with the celebrant (my oldest friend, who I rarely see because she lives about two hours' drive from us). Talked out the business, then had a lovely afternoon tea chat with her and her husband. Had to go so she could keep her next appointment.

    6) While we were driving back to the kids' apartment easy child 2/difficult child 2 got a phone call from the lawyer at the free legal service. The phone appointment had been booked, they'd pushed her booking up because it was urgent (tonight was the last chance for her to get advice before being unavailable due to getting married). The call lasted almost an hour, easy child 2/difficult child 2 talked, I talked, the lawyer talked. The outcome - we've tightened up her application a great deal more. I'm glad we didn't post it today. husband & I sat in the kids' living room and added the extra points the lawyer suggested, while the kids began packing for their honeymoon. We asked easy child 2/difficult child 2 to email it to us. Then we left - 8.30 pm by this time.

    7) husband & I noted the time - two hours before we had to be at the airport. Time for a Chinese meal. If we could find a place that was open. Found one. Passable. Food OK, but I won't rush to go there again, unless I want a fast meal.

    8) Headed for the airport with an hour to spare. Stopped on the side fo the road, rearranged the car to fit in people plus luggage. Swapped drivers. I dropped husband at the airport and drove to a nearby McDonald's to park until he rang (our airport charges ridiculously large amounts to park for more than 2 minutes). husband found that the plane had landed early (I can ring his mobile phone for free, as long as I keep the call short). Early flight - sounded like strong tailwind form Perth. Here's hoping it didn't pick up another dust storm with it. I went into McDonalds to buy something (I felt guilty parking there without buying something). They had automated the ordering system, but it was a mess. Not impressed. Got my small cake and went back to the car park to wait for husband to call to say the family were all assembled at the bus stop waiting for me to swing past.

    9) husband rang then hung up (he can't ring me for free, it only works the other way). I rang him back to get the story - "Come get us, we're ready and waiting at the bus stop where you dropped me off. Be prepared to have to drive round several times, everyone else is doing what we're doing, it was a crowded flight." I swung past and found a spot (you learn to be pushy when you are used to driving in the city). Threw in the luggage and people - husband's sister and her two daughters. Drove up the road a short way then stopped to rearrange people and luggage with a bit more care, say hello, the usual, swap drivers back - then we headed homewards. Got to mother in law's about 11.30 pm. Made some quick plans for tomorrow. Headed home. Now we're trying to get to bed before 1 am because the busy-ness continues tomorrow.

    Tomorrow we don't need to leave town. mother in law, sis-in-law and her daughters are going to the city to see "Wicked". I'm cooking a slow-cooked Moroccan beef casserole for dinner (need to start early) then when easy child 2/difficult child 2 arrives, we'll get busy with her sewing and sorting out paperwork. I have to go see my hairdresser and organise Friday morning appointments with her, then call the unemployment people and get easy child 2/difficult child 2 to begin the registration process. We have to finish her unfair dismissal forms and post them, polish the two cars (getting off the bitumen spots from recent roadwork and washing off the dust storm debris) and somewhere in there, help difficult child 3 get more schoolwork done.

    And I keep feeling I've forgotten something...

    Enjoy your Tuesday. At least mine was productive!

  9. Estherfromjerusalem

    Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

    Hope everyone has a great Tuesday (or has had -- I'm not sure of the time difference).

    Trish from OZ -- I'm pleased you've got an appointment with the doctor for Cherub tomorrow. Her situation sounds rather extreme. Encopresis is a horrible thing. Please let us know what the doctor said. Hang in there.

    Fran, meeting difficult child's girlfriend's parents sounds great. I know from personal experience what a wonderful hostess you are. The fact that the four of you sat chatting round the table for four hours with or without the children is lovely. It's always great to meet new people. If they were worried before, I'm sure now you have put their minds at ease. It's great that difficult child has a girlfriend. My difficult child has just broken up with his girlfriend after a whole year, and I am so happy to know that he is able to have and keep a relationship.

    Everyone else -- have a great day. No meltdowns from anybody, please!

    Love, Esther
  10. TPaul

    TPaul Idecor8

    Good morning, well it is afternoon already here. Got up at eleven a.m. today!! Was up majorly late and I never ever, ever sleep that late. I go in late to the shop today, so I guess it was alright for once. :redface:

    Hope each and everyone has the best day possible,
    T. Paul