Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

We're in for another day of on again, off again, rain. As usual it promises to be a busy day. After work I'm headed to the health club :treadmill: and then will pick up easy child from her club. We'll then head to difficult child's open house and finally arrive back at home around 7:00. I had thought a good pulled beef recipe in the crockpot would be good but we'll be gone too long and it will burn so maybe we'll make a quick chicken fettucinni or just order pizza.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day and finds reasons to smile and laugh. :ghost:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Morning Sharon and all to follow :coffee:

Sharon, I vote for ordering pizza :spaghetti:! Sounds like another busy day at the wiped house! I just heard on the weather that your rain will putter out and not make it to va. We are so dry - it's been quite awhile since I remember going this long without rain. One county around here started mandatory water restrictions and we, in the city, are on an even/off watering schedule depending on your street address. Hope your day is not too tiring :sleeping:.

Not too bad a day here. Office this morning and then I want to go out to a specialty grocer on the other end of town. Last fall they had the most wonderful pumpkim spice coffee beans. I would mix the beans half and half with my starbucks morning blend beans and grind them. What a lovely mellow fall cup of coffee!

difficult child and easy child are well. easy child is counting down the days until the dance Saturday. It will be a homecoming weekend as her boyfriend is staying in town (not at my house) and they all plan on a breakfast buffet Sunday at noon. difficult child is hanging in there. Had the class yesterday where the teacher asked him to move. Fortunately, she left his chair there just moved it about 8 inches. It was a tough start, according to his 1:1, but he pulled it together in the end.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday :thumb:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, when don't you have a busy day??? :wink: I vote for the pizza after a day like today.

Today will be rainy on & off - just like Sharon's neck of the woods. The dreary weather is getting to me.

I have a emergency appointment with a neurosurgeon this morning & then head over to the UM physicians tomorrow for further consultation. Let's just say my brain is acting up again. :hypnosis: :surprise: :slap:

kt is deep into a Sims game this week; her new PCA is a Sims fan as well. You would not believe the families & scenarios that these 2 are coming up with. It's scary. Good thing kt's time on the computer is limited.

Have a good day - hope all is pleasant & calm. Hug your loved ones as they leave for the day. :flower:

Marguerite

G'day, all.

Sharon I, I envy your rain. I thought we were supposed to get some today, but no go. Sounds like you have a busy day - we've gone off using fast food even for emergencies, since finding the rat tooth in a shop-bought lasagne. I vote for making a quick fettucine.

Sharon II, you're on water restrictions now too? It really is a hassle, trying to remember when it's OK to use a hose. Are you at the stage of bucketing the bathwater yet?

Linda, I hope the neuro has some easy answers for you. I'm going to have to ring mine in the morning. The Sims game for kt sounds good - difficult child 3 has got into it, I think it really helps him with his empathy. So does Nintendogs, his psychologist was really impressed by the game.

We had a quiet-ish morning (apart from the phone ringing a lot) and then left at 1 pm to take difficult child 1 to his appointment with his job agency. I do wonder what they thought when he walked in still looking like a robotic biker (a weird combination of clothing).
easy child 2/difficult child 2 had an appointment with her college counsellor at 2 pm. It seems that they have misplaced her paperwork, only just found it. This explains why she's had no support from them all year, not even fee support. The counsellor said she's stressed (ya think?) and hopefully we'll get some positive answers over the next week. Meanwhile we need to organise for her to go back to her psychologist again, her GP is setting that up. easy child 2/difficult child 2 was very stressed after the appointment, said she didn't want to go to class but luckily she has calmed down enough and is at class now. She should be home in the next hour or so.

I collected my meat order - half a sheep - and spent even more money. Still, it's the cheapest way to buy lamb.

difficult child 3's drama class had lots of news from other mothers (we chat while the kids are in class). And I think WE'VE got it bad! easy child 2/difficult child 2 was sitting in on this, I think it helped calm her down. And I've got another batch of strawberry jam to cook in the microwave, maybe more tomorrow. The freezer is overloaded with strawberries and it's time to bottle them up. Gotta make room for all that lamb! A leg, a boned shoulder, some chops and a lovely rack - the rack alone should cost $20, I calculated that buying it in bulk, we got it for $2.50. I'm happy!

Sounds like I'm doing a lot of cooking tomorrow - making a lot of jam, plus some bread rolls while I have BF2 home as well.

While driving this afternoon we were listening to the iPod in the car. Baha Men came on with "Who Let The Dogs Out?" and I said, "We should get a playlist together of all 'doggy' songs - this one, Rolf Harris's "Big Dog" and whatever else we can find."
difficult child 3 said, "And we can call the playlist, 'release the hounds!'"
I think he's been watching Simpsons too much.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good Morning :coffee:
Sharon- I vote for pizza as well. Your schedule is dizzying! :treadmill:
LDM- We're pretty dry as well, but we've been getting a little rain here & there lately. :autumn:
Linda- Fingers crossed and prayers said that all will be well with the neurologist. Yikes! :smile:
I'll be heading over to the church this morning. It's time to pack up and purge by donating 90% of what's left over to community orgs or editing it out of the collection. One parishioner suggested we hold onto to the stuff until after our election day luncheon, but I nixed the idea. The amount of stuff we have is just too much, it's taking over. Our undercroft looks more like a flea market than a church gathering area. :hammer:
Duckie said something interesting last night. She told me I'd been "very nice" to her lately, so she was being good. She then said she'd try to keep being good because she likes it when I'm nice, lol! :its_all_good:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :thumb:

F

flutterbee

Good morning Ladies!

Sharon - I vote for pizza, too.

Sharon - I'm glad difficult child pulled it together.

Linda - Good luck at the neuro doctor.

Marg - difficult child 3 is a neat kid. I hope that things start to calm down soon for easy child 2/difficult child 2.

TM - Out of the mouths of babes, eh? How funny.

difficult child is starting the day off in a foul mood, complete with the scowl on her face and annoyance and nastiness with everyone and everything, including the kitten. easy child is not feeling well and is home from school today. This could be a volatile mix. I'm thinking my first mistake was getting out of bed.

I have a couple appts today and then it's schoolwork with difficult child.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.