Good Wednesday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :elf:

Today is Duckie's last day of school before the winter break. They have a little cookie exchange at school and play board games. What a life! Meanwhile, I'll be in a cleaning frenzy trying to be in good shape for my in-laws to come to dinner tonight. Somehow, it just doesn't seem fair, lol!

Have a great day! :xmasdancers:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

TM-Sounds like a good day ahead for Duckie:D. I hope you get all your cleaning done early so that you have a bit of "me" time; maybe you could sneak in a nap!

Lots to do today. I have an appointment. with the sports medicine doctor this morning at 8:30 and then will have to meet husband and easy child at a conference as she has been put on strict probation on her scholarship program. Her conference starts at 9:00 so I'll be a bit late to that.

Then a trip to the health club and home to do lots of cleaning. Somehow though a nap will be fit in to the day so all is good!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:rudolph:

Marguerite

G'day for Wednesday.

TM, I hope tonight's dinner goes off well. We're in the rundown to Christmas now, it's time to take stock and make sure everything is ready. If the biscuits are baked and the dinner is planned, it should all fall nicely into place.

Sharon/WO, I hope your meetings go smoothly today and don't complicate your life too much.

We had a busy day today, after a late night last night.
First I had my physiotherapy appointment - she gave me more exercises, corrected mewhere I was still not doing the others right. Warned me I'd have sore muscles even though to an observer I seem to hardly move during these exercises. I have to treat them like pelvic floor exercises, do them constantly. The mroe I do, the faster this will heal, she says. I'm not so sure but I'm willing to work at it to see how well I can do.

After the physiotherapy I bought some stamps (post office agency next door) then headed home. We had a major shopping trip to the mall planned with mother in law & difficult child 3. I had some supplies to drop off to easy child 2/difficult child 2. husband dropped us all off then took the car to the tyre place - we needed new tyres especially after fixing a bad flat the other day (somehow I ran over a roofing nail).
So we went our separate ways, bought the last few presents still needed then met up at the supermarket for groceries etc. While at the computer software place I bumped in to one of easy child 2/difficult child 2's old work colleagues who mentioned that at her former workplace they have rehired everybody except easy child 2/difficult child 2 and this woman - all this at the same time as the company were assuring us, and the government supervisor, that they had only hired two staff and therefore couldn't afford to offer easy child 2/difficult child 2 a job. They would if they had any job available, they said. So easy child 2/difficult child 2 has contacted the government agent to ask for guidance on what to do from here.

All through the day my pain levels have been getting worse, partly from the exercise andpartly from the hip pain getting worse. I was thinknig thata I really need to get back to my specialsitand talk it over with him, when I bumped into him at the mall (his rooms are nearby, he had ducked out for coffee). But of course, even when he asked me, "How are you?" I really couldn't answer because I have a personal rule - never answer such a question truthfully to an off-duty doctor.

So we came home, unpacked, loded everything into the fridges (at our place and mother in law's) then set to work on dinner. husband cooked sausages while I made some tzaziki. I filled up the empty water bottles in the car - it's a vital summer task, we have to carry water. We have a box of 2 dozen bottles in the car. On a hot summer's day we can empty that box. Today we emptied five bottles. We also carry a wool blanket in summer in case we get caught out in a bushfire. We've never needed it, thank goodness, but it's always important to know we have it.

Despite having everything as tightly planned as possible, husband has to go out early tomorrow. The tyre people found that during the last service, they stuffed up the wheel bearing, so they are fixing it tomorrow. Just about everywhere people are only working a half day, so husband has to get there early. Meanwhile I have my cleaner in tomorrow morning, we cook and clean as a team.

I have a little more cooking to do for Christmas, then some local cards and packs of biscuits to deliver. Then it's all done, all we have to do is relax and enjoy the holiday.

I wish the same for everybody else!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Friends!

TM, enjoy your last day of "quiet" - my difficult child has been off all week but he's at the age where he entertains himself and if he doesn't want to run around and do errands with me, he can stay home. It makes errand-running a little more pleasant!! Get that cleaning done......

Sharon, sounds like a busy day for you as well. I hope easy child can bow her head and admit she slipped up and respectfully indicate that she will make a change. So I pray for no attitude and a nice nap for you.

Marg, I like your rule about the off duty doctor. Sorry husband had to run in today. Sounds like you are 99.9% ready for Christmas!

I'll be working most of the day today. Bonehead and I will be getting the "gameplan" together before he leaves the country for 3.5 weeks next Tuesday. Monday the 28th is my 50th birthday and I refuse to go to work that day! So we will be doing the last of the planning, I'll do the payroll and put the bonuses and Christmas gifts for our employees together.

I hope to get out of there by 2 and head to get my nails done. Bonehead and his wife are hosting the family Christmas gathering this year so the kids and I will go there at 6.

A full day but a time of the year when I carry a constant smile......I love the holidays and I still have plenty of white stuff on the ground!!

Happy Holiday.

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Sharon, fingers crossed that PCs conference goes well. Find time for a nap, kay?

Marg, busy day for you & yours. Your dinner sounds wonderful.

Sharon(ldm), my birthday twin - I'll be 53 on Monday. My 50th was a lovely celebration, just husband & myself.

TM, I never worry too much about the house before company - it's afterward with all the dirt, snow & such dragged in. Clear the clutter, clean the bathrooms & run the vacuum then relax.

I've a therapist appointment this morning, a couple of errands then I'm home to do some holiday baking that I've never accomplished because of this or that. I've a good friend coming over for Christmas Eve dinner (possibly a slumber party if the winter storm is as bad as advertised).

Christmas will be a quiet day. I'm considering putting together a pot of chili & watching the snow fall all day.

Have a good day all.