grateful

I am grateful that difficult child has not run or used in 37 days. I am grateful she is more stable than in years. I may not hav ebeen able to clean much, baked none,attended no parties, did no in town shopping, did no house decorating but she is sober and gettign more stable each day. I am incredibly thankful for this forum. I have been on daily positng and reading since Thanksgivng and it has hlepd tremously wiht the isolation and frustarion I felt. I am a bit more relaxed and havve accepted if I cook a simple meal and pick up food for tomorrow and attend Christmas Eve servic eand have a nice gift exhange with my family that is enough. It is a miracle. Wer came 99% close to having her in a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) this holiday season so it is something I am so grateful for. I will wake her at noon, she will clean her room, and wrap presents. I really donot care that my son did not finish shopping for me and probably will not attend services with us. It will be a fun family time. Compassion

Fran

Former desparate mom
Compassion, gratitude gets me through. We appreciate the small things and no longer worry about what the other families are doing or achieving. We wake up another day with hope that this will be better.
" What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. " The Grinch's words are so true.

Congratulations to your daughter for staying on a better path for these many days.
You are one smart mom to know what is important in our lives.

Last edited:

Andy

Compassion, I have so enjoyed reading your posts as those numbers get larger and larger. Each day a success strengthing that foundation to hopefully make the next one a little easier to manage. You are doing an awesome job. Your work is really paying off.

JLady

A ship lost in the night
I may not hav ebeen able to clean much, baked none,attended no parties, did no in town shopping, did no house decorating but she is sober and gettign more stable each day.

All the words following "but" are the only ones that really matter. I'm happy for you and I too am grateful for this forum.

B

bran155

Compassion,

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Day 37 - WOW!!! That is truly amazing!!!! I am so happy for you and your daughter. You couldn't have asked Santa for a better gift, a sober, non-running, more stable teenage girl!!! You must have been on the "nice" list. Here's to 37 more days!!!

Have a wonderful holiday and thanks for the support you have given me.

God bless,

Shawna :)