Grey's Anatomy castin news

kris

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/...Fires/800016659

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #6633FF"> while i hate to see anyone unemployed i'm glad he's gone. i had a tough time stomaching scenes between burke & george with-burke acting the friend/mentor. TR knight (george) always looked uncomfortable to me.

i had a feeling this was why they wrote him leaving town at the end of the finale.

i wonder if they will be casting for a new surgeon.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

On_Call

I just read that on the net this morning.

They said he was shocked, although I think most people were shocked he wasn't gone before now. I do think he took the right steps to try to recover from what he said/did, but sometimes you just can't fix something that easily, can you?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I never really cared for Burke's character anyway - I didn't like the way he manipulated Christina. And he was stuck on himself. Ugh. Goodbye, Dr. Burke - I wonder if they'll bring anymore hotties. lol

rejectedmom

Knight signed a contract for next season and is getting a large
salary but it is a per episode number so I'm not sure if he will be a weekly regular and if not how many times he will be on. -RM

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> </span> contract on shows like this are always episode based. TR has been in almost every episode to date. i don't really see that changing any time soon. he's integral to so much of what goes on.

anyone heard if katherine heigl has struck a deal yet....last i heard she was the last one to get on board. i'm assuming if she hadn't it would have been mentioned. from what i read she was being offered less than her castmates. that's what they did to joey & phoebe on Friends....but the cast decided that everyone got the same deal or they'd all walk. it worked, but i wouldn't see it working with-a cast as large as GA's.

kris
<span style="color: #6600CC"> </span> </span>

Nancy

I'm glad he won't be coming back, I thought he was arrogant. Christina deserves more, now we can watch her character grow in a different direction.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I loved Burke's character the first two years. He was arrogant but, oh so gentle when he looked and interacted with Cristina. It melted my heart when he crawled into bed with her after she lost their baby. There were other incidences, too.

This season everyone went off course in the show. Shonda can rationalize it all she wants but I don't know anyone who was happy with this season with any of the characters so I hope things change next year.

Still, off-camera there isn't anyone who wouldn't have gotten fired ASAP if we had said or behaved as Isaiah reportedly did at work. For that reason I am glad he is gone........but I will miss the Burke character of old.

Suz

You know, I just seem to have lost my fire for GA.

I certainly do enjoy coming on here to talk with you ladies about everything though.

So, whoever they fire and whatever they pay the remaining cast?

I'll be back!

HA!

Barbara

:rofl:

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #6633FF"> with-the exception of friends each cast member negotiates their own deals. we usually hear about salaries for the entire season, but it's actually a per episode pay scale. per episode fees have no bearing on how often a character gets used (unless they're on a soap). there are often *cast* & *recurring* status.

my guess is they will cast for a new surgeon to join the cast during the show's hiatus. i'm watching for some kind of announcement on that lol.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

witzend

I'm with Barbara, I lost my fire for that show long ago. I know you guys were discussing it, so I watched it when I could. I caught up on episodes lately on the internet so that I would know what was going on.

I always found the premise that all of these heads of their departments were so smitten by interns really difficult to handle. The only people surgeons are smitten with is themselves. And certainly never a lowly intern let alone only lowly interns! Why aren't the interns good enough for other interns?

Oh, well. It's just TV...

donna723

I wonder what they will end up doing with George's character ... will he just end up being "Mr. Callie"? Maybe they don't even know yet! The way they ended it, George and Burke's characters could both easily have just disappeared. Maybe there really IS no big "master plan".

I agree about getting burnt out on the series. The ending wasn't very satisfying. You don't expect to see them all holding hands and dancing off into the sunset, but you need to have something! You put a lot of time and emotion into these characters (whether you admit it or not) and you want to see just a little bit of happiness in there, even though you know they're not REAL people! It would not have killed them to have had Ava still be there when Alex came back to the hospital! Bummer! Too many "bummers" ... not enough good stuff! If it becomes a discouraging, saddening experience to watch the show, you just don't watch it any more. It's kind of "on probation" with me.

Just like how I'm almost dreading watching the conclusion of "The Sopranos" tomorrow night! I've "known" these people for all these years - I do not want to see bad things happen to them, even if they deserve it!