GA thread

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> so where is it? are we all so upset about the george/izzie sex that we can't talk about it???

me? i hate, hate, hate IT! i love callie & just can't stand how this is going to hurt her. i want george to stay the stand up guy he's been up until now. i'm so disappointed....and sadly i believe there is more to come. :sad:

okay, the scene in the supply closet was intense....but so was the scene between callie, her dad & george when dad told george to protect his daughter.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Kathy813

Staff member
kris,

I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be as much interest in GA like there used to be.

I, for one, can't stand the thought of George and Izzy together. Talk about a mismatch.

Did you see her face, though, when George didn't even remember sleeping with her??? I bet Izzy never thought that could happen.

I think Callie will end up finding out and it will break her heart.

I also think that the chief will change his mind about retiring now that his marriage is over.

~Kathy

Nancy

I think there is real chemistry between George and Izzy. I realize that is not a popular opinion but it made my heart beta a little faster. I like Callie a lot, but I don't see any chemistry there, they are more like best friends.

I too think the Chief will not retire now.

Nancy

donna723

One reason for the lagging interest in the last few weeks was because they were showing reruns. I watched them anyway, even though I had already seen them before.

I don't think the chief will retire either. There's really no reason for him to now. He was going to retire to try to save his marriage but that's over now. Having him change his mind would be a good way of settling all the controversy about who will get the job.

I find myself getting a little impatient with some of the characters now! It's frustrating to me to watch Christina jeopardize her relationship with Burke over things that seem to be trivial and he seems like the type who won't put up with that for very long - he'll walk! And it's getting very hard to keep liking Izzy! Can't tell if she really cares that much about George or only just wants him now that he's "unavailable". I do think that George feels the same way about her, but he doesn't want to hurt Callie! But Callie is too smart - she'll figure it out pretty soon!

Oh boy, what a week! George/Izzie thing is too much. I feel so sad cause I just know that Callie will find out. Izzie has already slipped about a few things, can't see how this can end good.

Another one who thinks the Chief will stay. He is seeing the way the others are handling (or not handling) the interview process, and I think it will all come to a head soon.

What about Christina and Burke? Anyone think they will actually ever really get married? I am feeling major doubts on Burke's side.

And, just an aside: They would NEVER do a face surgery on a pregnant woman, they would have made her wait till after delivery to do a face reconstruction. I was stomping my feet telling husband this is WRONG!!! They only do life or death type of surgeries during pregnancy, and I am sorry that she had that tragic accident but her face was not a life or death situation. Sorry bout this, LONG time Surg. tech. here!! LOL!!

I didn't see the preview for next week. Anyone else see it?

Vickie

donna723

Vickie, I don't think they showed any previews. At least they didn't show them on the channel I was watching. I waited for them, but it just went right into the next program. :frown:

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> actually i do think the chief will step down & someone will be appointed. will it stay that way, hmmmm, maybe not.

i think izzie was shocked when george told her what happened had to remain a secret. i think izzie just thought he would dump callie. i think she *always gets her man*. poor callie. the truth's gonna come out.

as for the face reconstruction....it's all about the drama lol.

i'm not all that wrapped up in the christina/burke thing.

no new episode next week since we didn't get a preview.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

ScentofCedar

Hmmm....

I posted earlier on this thread but I must not have entered it.

I liked the show last week (watched it Friday too, now that I think about it!). It just didn't grab me the way some of the other episodes have. Do you suppose that is because the plot is being watered down for the sake of the spin off?

I am glad you started the thread, Kris.

Izzy's character is still grieving too, remember. She is not entirely responsible for her actions, any more than George is.

She did plot to get George both alone and intoxicated, though.

George gets to be innocent on this one because he never in a million years expected Izzy to come on to him like that.

Strange episode. I still like the show and the characters, but it doesn't feel as sharp or as tightly written as it was.

Or am I just having a bad week?!?

:rofl:

Barbara

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> sorry, barb, but i disagree. greif & being drunk does not make them not responsible for what they did. i understand how/why it happened....but they are still responsible.

the episodes get less intense this time of year because sweeps are over. they all pull out the big guns. may sweeps will bring all the season finales & we'll get good end of sweeps episodes again.....and the inevitable cliffhangers lol.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Nancy

Oh I don't know Barb. George went looking for Izzy. He felt that same passion for her and when Callie told him Izzy was attracted to him he went running, with liquor in hand. I think he knew what might happen.

Nancy

rejectedmom

George has been showing signs of mania. I am not sure if they are induced by the loss of his Dad or if we are going to find out some other stuff is going on with him. Bi-polar maybe? I absolutely hate that he ended up in bed with Izzy. She is turning into a neurotic self centered witch. Not very loveable anymore. Callie threw George out but no divorce was asked for. George was not free to be with anyone. He is not innocent by any means he ran right to the person Callie was having issues over. This whole affair thing just stinks. Callie will find out I think she will probably end up leaving George for good. Although there is still room for forgiveness on her part since she had a one nighter after she and George broke up before she was married to him, I don't think that is the likely scenerio. I think she will not only divorce George but will not want to work at the same hospital as him anymore. Maybe she is going to spin off too??? She and Addison have become quite pals lately. -RM

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> callie & george had a fight.....people fight & don't jump to the divorce option.

george is grieving & is feel grave doubts about his hasty marriage. i don't think that translates into mania.

from everything i've read addison is the only grey's cast member who is going to the spinoff. mark's not going & neither is alex....nor callie ~~~ from what i've read the cast for GA.2 is pretty set in terms of main characters.....and i believe the actress who plays callie has a long~term contract now.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I was pretty unhappy with the George & Izzy storyline, too. Also agree that face-surgery on the pregnant woman was unrealistic.

What I absolutely :mad: HATED :mad: about last week's episode was the references to Meredith's mom as "My Dead Mother"

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>WAY </span>too flippant and, I felt, disrespectful :nonono:

I forget that not everyone's mom was as loving as mine was, and I sure don't like being reminded of it.

Peace

Nancy

Well the way I see it, is that it's a show. I don't expect or want it to be like real life, or the way we think real life should be. What makes it interesting is the faults people have and how they overcome or give in to them. I think we can all identify a little with many of the characters, flaws and all.

Nancy

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #330033"> true enough, nancy. it's not real life. thank heavens it's not real life. i watch soaps all the time. i go to soap forums. i get very frustrated with-posters who want to hold soap characters to their personal moral standards. come on, these are melodramatic fiction.

for me the fun is watching people do things i wish i could do....and of course never would rofl.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Nancy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for me the fun is watching people do things i wish i could do....and of course never would </div></div>

me too kris LOL.

Nancy

ScentofCedar

So GEORGE supplied the alcohol???

I agree that the "dead Mommy" is in really poor taste.

Nice to see the thread getting longer, though. I think I enjoy knowing you all are watching at the same time I am as much as I enjoy the show (especially lately!)

Barbara