had an interview

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I had an interview today. I have to give them my references. The interview was strange. I was asked about how I handle situations that I may not understand that come up. Of course my first thought was of difficult child related stuff so I told them the processes I tend to use. Leaving out the flipping out phase of course. The thing is I want this job but on the other hand I don't want this job. Can that possibly make sense? I think the interview went well but how can you really know. I know that four other people are going for the job. How did I stack up to them?

They said that they would be letting me know at the beginning of next week. The hard part is I already work and volunteer for this organization. So I don't know how to read any of this.

Ah well if anyone has a spare part could you cross it for me?

thanks
beth

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, I'm not sure to wish you luck on getting the job or not, but I will go with the idea that you want this job and it will be a move forward......... (and I do get the feeling that you are not sure this is a good or bad job move). The good thing is that they are familiar with you since you already work there and volunteer, the bad thing is that you work there and volunteer....... if you don't get the job would you stop volunteering? They may take the thought that even if you don't get the job you will still be working for them and volunteering...... in these economic times it's difficult to give up volunteers...... I don't want to discourage you from volunteering, it's really a matter of how they view your efforts. If you perceive the organization sees your experiences as valuable and a good base to perform the new job, then you have a step up...... If they want new ideas (and perhaps a smaller salary/pay) they might pick an outsider...... I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to state the situation as I see it....... I don't have all the facts either, but if I were hiring someone I would look to their skills and how it would fit the job and if I had knowledge of someone's work they would have an advantage in getting the job......... Hope you get the job you want and just interviewing gives you a good experience, sharpens your skills...... GOOD LUCK!

Lothlorien

Sounds like this job would be dealing with a lot of unexpected problems. If the job is offered to you, you should ask them to explain that in detail, so you aren't blindsided with a lot of problems that you weren't ready to deal with.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I feel very confidant that you did your best!

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!

-I got asked at an interview once "If you were a cartoon character, which one would you be and why?" - The interview was at 5am. There were 13 panel members in the room. I said Scooby Doo. Because he's brave, courageous and funny. WRONG ANSWER -
I should have said "Mickey Mouse because he's a leader." yeah - and he's a rat too. UGH.