he just doesn't get it!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
My dad visited difficult child I in Juvy today. All my son did was brag about how many people he knows that are in with him and how what he did was not that bad! Maybe he's trying to save face in front of the other kids, but %$#$ %$#$%& already!

I feel guilty, but I do not want him home. My friend strongly advised me against visiting or accepting phone calls. I put money on a prepaid collect call account with MCI and I do not even know if he'll use it to call me or all his homies>?

i am so frustrated! and still sick, which compounds it all, ugh:angry-very:

mstang67chic

Going Green
He's big and bad with all sorts of street cred now, don't ya know. Geesh........hopefully he'll figure it out. Sending hugs.

crazymama30

I hope it clicks one day, and the sooner the better. I wish there was a secret way to "turn the light on" in their brains. Hugs.

Abbey

Spork Queen
One thing that really grated on my nerves was the constant use of them term 'homies.' I loathe that street talk.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry he isn't getting it. And that it is old friends week in detention. I hope he starts to understand before he ends up somewhere much worse.

Hugs,

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
2morrow is court, I am hoping the judge will listen to me when I say i do not want him home!

Happy 17th birthday difficult child I,
you're behind bars and you think it's fun
but the damage can not be undone
And at 18 you'll be alone and
you'll get to see how life really runs!

Steely

Sending good thoughts and vibes your way.

Dear old Dad sounds like more than I could handle. Have you thought about sitting down and talking to Dad about your boundaries as a Mom, and that when he berates you for your choices with difficult child 1 he is violating your boundaries? He needs to set his own relationship up with difficult child 1, not one that he has through you, that he then controls.

As for difficult child 1 - my heart aches for him. He is probably so scared, he is trying to adapt the best way he knows how. When I see you post about him, all I can remember is how he had to defend you against ex-husband that horrible night, and how then ex-husband was then so violent with him. difficult children paradigm on life must be so skewed.

Good luck in court. I hope the judge comes up with a master plan that includes some mental help, and therapeutic choices for difficult child - because juvy is just the beginning of a long end in my opinion.