Help!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I've been not doing well on the healthy living front lately at all. I've gained weight (at least 6 pounds) enough that my jeans are tight. I haven't been getting to the health club nearly enough (although have gone the past 3 days). As for eating, apparently I'm on the see food diet because I'm eating everything in sight!

Usually I'm good at stopping and getting back on track but I am really struggling right now.

I know what I'm supposed to do, I just can't seem to do it. I know a ton of it is stress eating.

I'm dreading going to work at WW Saturday morning-the scale isn't going to be friendly!

I'm hoping by posting this I will hold myself more accountable and be able to get back on track. Thanks for listening!

N

Nomad

Sharon...I understand.

I had a death in my family several months ago and did not cope with it well. I held it in and coped by stuffing myself. Emotional eating gets to the great majority of us.

What helped me was to cut back a little on the exericse and concentrate heavily on my eating.

I found that I couldn't focus well on both while feeling drained emotionally AND between the two, the eating part of it all was the most important.

So, I went to the gym less days for a several weeks and I made sure I journaled my food intake and ate more filling foods and less sweets, etc.
By feel more satisfied, I had less hunger. I also did my best, whenever possible, to get to bed just a tad earlier on many nights.

Additionally, I really like certain magazines and books. I bought a few and resurrected a few and read a few things for comfort.

Before long, I was back on the right track and when I like my eating was in a better place, I put the exericse back as well.

I hope this is helpful. Hang in there...this is just a temporary little thing. It is actually normal. Seeing that you need to adjust is a great thing...a healthy part of life. You can do this and have already started the process my acknowledging the problem, making yourself accountable and seeking to make a change.

Wishing you well (hugs).:D

trinityroyal

Sharon,
Nomad has given you some great advice. The strategies sound realistic and manageable.
I just want to weigh in with support and hugs. Please be gentle with yourself. You've been dealing with a lot of difficult child stuff. It's no wonder you feel the need for comfort food.

Maybe if you can look inward and find other ways to comfort yourself, then you'll be better able to get back on track with the eating and exercising.

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Sharon, I'm with you girl! I've been good about the exercise - no issue there - but the eating!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided yesterday to go back to counting points. It worked before..........

I went to our local Trader Joe's and bought some fabulous frozen vegies - thai green beans, roasted vegies with balsamic vinigar, and ginger carrots. The roasted vegies are fabulous by themselves or with a little chicken and brown rice.

Nomad is right about writing things down - that was my downfall. I went from figuring my points in my head to figurative license!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there girl - we'll muddle through together.

Sharon

Janna

Sharon,

I am so with you! I, too, am such an emotional eater.

Maybe that's why I had the chunky peanut butter in one hand and a spoon in the other today.....hmmmm.

Anyway ~ we all have our days. Weeks, sometimes months. I went from Sept to Jan with NO weight loss - 12 lb gain actually. I just wasn't in the mindframe to do it. It wasn't there. And, really, I believe ANY type of plan, weight loss, lifestyle change, whatever you call it...needs to have the mindset you're going to do it.

I love Nomad's advice. I've actually been doing both, but today was a day LOL! So, I'll get up tomorrow and do again ~ and it's OK. And you'll get back to it too. We're here for you.

XOXOXOX

Wiped Out

Staff member
Nomad-Thanks for the great ideas. I get frustrated with myself working for ww and feeling like I should have better control but it is certainly a good policy that ww workers have to have gone through the program. We can really relate. It's also important for me to understand this a journey with ups and downs.

Trinity-Thanks for the support and hugs, they are greatly appreciated.

Sharon-Writing down what I'm eating is something I need to start doing again as well. Thanks for your support.

Janna-Peanut butter-yum!!! I agree you have to be in the mindset. I'm hoping that my mindset is where it needs to be soon. Thanks for your support as well!

I didn't do so well today-someone brought in fresh baked donuts to the lounge-I did only take 1/2 so that's a fair start anyways. I've been avoiding this forum for awhile because I've not been doing well but I think I need to be here especially because I am struggling.

M

ML

Great advice which will help me as well since I fall into the emotional eating club. Unfortunately so does manster.

One thing I wanted to share that has been helping me as an idea I got from Marg regarding museli. I don't make that but I found Kashi Go Lean cereal, the original, has 13 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber in a cup. I snack on this and it fills me up and also satisfies the sweet craving.

Hugs of understanding. ML

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, I sure relate to the struggle.
I am either excellent and disciplined or gradually slip into the see food diet.
I would love to be able to have a small treat and stick to healthy eating but I just can't. I would love to not have to hold myself into the very disciplined way to eat since that has it's failings also but it's the only way I can get back on tract.
I think I have resigned myself that at 53, I will have to do this the rest of my life to keep myself healthier and trimmer.
It shouldn't be so hard but it is. Eating is a complicated process. Breathing is easy-no choice. Wish eating was like breathing.

Hang in there. 6 lbs is just your wake up call and can be reversed. Hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Ml-Thanks for the understanding and hugs.

Fran-It sure would be great if eating were like breathing.:) Hopefully now I can listen to that wake up call and get back on track!