Here I go again....ugh!

Californiablonde

Okay so my weight loss efforts didn't go so well this summer. As a matter of fact, I completely blew my diet and gained weight instead of losing. I have no idea how much weight I gained because I am too afraid to step on the scale. Let's just say my size 14's are very tight! I am guessing I must have gained at least 15 pounds this summer. I partially blame it on the Brintellix my doctor has me on. It reminds me of Remeron, which made me gain nearly 50 pounds since I couldn't stop binge eating while on it. I'm back in the same boat, getting the urge to eat ALL the time.

I am super disappointed in myself. I had myself all set to come back to work looking skinnier and getting compliments from everybody. Instead I gained weight and I feel horrible. BUT I am still determined to lose weight. I have a new boyfriend who is also trying to lose weight (he is over 300 pounds) and we have vowed to lose weight together. It's going to be rough over the holidays, but I am still gonna try. This past Monday I started back on Weight Watchers, since I have had success with it in the past. I am once again determined to keep all junk food out of the house, so that should help. Wish me luck. I really really want this!

InsaneCdn

If you are hungry all the time, here's a couple of ideas that might help:

- Start your day with protein. Have protein with every meal and every snack.
- Plan snacks into your day, so that you are eating about every 2 hours. This avoids a blood-sugar low, which can trigger cravings.

Lil

What InsaneCdn said. My dietician has told me: Protein with every meal. It keeps you fuller longer. Weight watchers is a great plan, I lost a lot of weight following it years ago, I just stopped and gained a lot of it back.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh CB, don't be hard on yourself. Remember each day is a brand new start.

As for not weighing yourself, I used to not weigh myself either but what I found is checking my weight a few times a week really helps to keep present in my mind that I need to stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan.

I also allow myself one day a week to eat whatever I want. I'm still careful about portion size but I do look forward to dessert.

- Start your day with protein. Have protein with every meal and every snack.
- Plan snacks into your day, so that you are eating about every 2 hours. This avoids a blood-sugar low, which can trigger cravings.
I agree with this and do it myself. It does help.

Hang in there sweet lady and congrats on the new boyfriend.

Californiablonde

Adding more protein to my diet is a good idea. I think I eat too many carbs and I'm too hungry throughout the day. This weekend I am going to the market to buy some low fat cheese and nonfat yogurt for breakfast and snacks. I am also going to buy some lettuce and veggies so I can start having salads for lunch at work instead of fast food. My new boyfriend says I am gorgeous and he doesn't think I'm fat at all, but I am doing this for me, not him. Although I appreciate his compliments (I never got any from my ex) I am not happy with my looks or health so I want to do something about it. It will be more difficult with the holidays coming up, but I am determined to do it.

AppleCori

Look at this another way, Caligirl,

You lost 200 lbs. of dead weight this summer--your X so-called boyfriend!

That was quite an accomplishment.

You now have a healthier relationship.

You are a strong, competent, beautiful person.

Loose weight or not, as you wish. The more important thing is to love yourself and strive for healthy relationships in all parts of your life. Healthy relationships with both people and food.

The more you love yourself, the better care you will take of yourself.

We are here for you.

Apple

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Something I do for my lunches, I grill up some chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge. I buy the salad mix that has romaine, radicchio and other greens, it makes getting my lunch together so easy. I put some salad in a container and cut up a chicken breast (if they are big breasts I'll take 1/2). Sometimes I'll add one of the cuties (little mandarin oranges). I no longer us salad dressing, when I was in Italy I adopted their way of eating salad with some good olive oil, salt & pepper. I use about a TBLS of olive oil sometimes less. Olive oil is good for you, it's a healthy fat. I really like that I'm tasting all the flavors of the greens and chicken no longer being masked by some heavy dressing.

I don't take the chicken everyday, it can get boring.

I always make sure to cook enough meat or fish so that I have leftovers.

I'll take leftover meat and pair that with about 1 cup of frozen veggies and that's lunch. No carbs!!

My new boyfriend says I am gorgeous
:likeit:
He sounds like a very nice guy :)

Lil

This weekend I am going to the market to buy some low fat cheese and nonfat yogurt for breakfast and snacks.

I eat pretty much the same breakfast every day...A banana, fat free Greek Yogurt and a bit (1/4 cup) of Go Lean Crunch. The Go Lean Crunch adds a nice crunch to the yogurt and protein. The Greek yogurt has protein too. I actually didn't like Greek yogurt until I tried the Aldi's brand! I love it! Also the Yoplait Greek is pretty good. I've never cared for the others.

I eat similar salads as Tanya suggested. My dressing is a bit fattening though, in that I really like Honey Mustard. I like adding grapes and nuts to a chicken salad. YUM!

My new boyfriend says I am gorgeous and he doesn't think I'm fat at all,

YAY! I'm SO GLAD that other loser hit the road! You deserved SO much better than him!!!

Californiablonde

This new boyfriend seems great so far, but so did the other one at first. I am being careful. Only downside to him so far is that he lives in Nebraska, but he wants to relocate to California. I am cautiously optimistic about this guy.

Confused

California, I also didnt lose weight, I last so long then eat! Its hard to stop eating what we love! You can do it, medications are hard on us and stress too! The rest of today, add some water and veggies! I went off mine today..again, but for dinner will have veggies and a little brisket. I found exercising in the mornings helps my hunger cravings go down the rest of the day, so I will have to start exercising again! Im behind you! Good look with your man :) ...

P.S... Love everyone's posts here, great tips and encouragement!!!!!

Californiablonde

I finally broke down and weighed myself. It's not as bad as I thought, but still bad enough. In June I weighed 157 pounds and I have now gone up to 168. I honestly thought I had gone up to about 175 by now, so it's not as bad as I thought, but still some significant weight gain. Here I go again, determined to make it through holiday season and still lose weight. I am sure gonna try. I really want to lose all the weight by summer. That gives me 9 months to lose 43 pounds. I think I can do it!

InsaneCdn

That gives me 9 months to lose 43 pounds
That's something like a pound a week. Not impossible - but a challenge to maintain on a long-term basis.

Just my opinion here, but I'd say lower your sights a bit. Like... 25 or 30 pounds. Then, if you do better than that, you can REALLY celebrate, but you won't be disappointed if you "only" lose 25. Seriously... losing 25 pounds is a huge deal.

Californiablonde

At my current weight I am now in the obese category. That does NOT sit well with me at all! So yes, if I lose 25 pounds, that will be a huge deal for me. I have had success with Weight Watchers in the past, so I do have hope!