Hiding medications

klmno

I'm just wondering- is it possible to put the pill in your mouth and swallow a drink of something, then talk, but not really have taken the pill?

witzend

Yes. M did it all the time. He'd just put it back in his cheek in the corner of his jaw behind his wisdom teeth. He could even open his mouth and show me under his tongue.

'Chelle

Yep, I've done it with candies and such to tease easy child. Took one of her candies and popped it in my mouth just when she turned around. When she went "HEY" (she actually doesn't mind sharing unless it's last one or two) I said I didn't take any and put it between my upper lip and gum (to the right of my right incisor, there's a small dip perfect for holding an item), showed under toungue, took a drink, then started chewing candy. She thought it was funny and wanted to know how I did it. Maybe shouldn't have shown her, in case she ever has to take pills she doesn't like to LOL.

susiestar

Roll With It
Kids do it all the time. It may come to using a dental mirror to check for the medications being swallowed. We got burned with this a couple of years ago.

klmno

Are you believing this- psychiatrist NEVER called today. I doubt he would call now- he's probably gone home for the day. I canceled difficult child's therapist appointment because of this.

ARGHHH!!