Hmmm....to friend or not to friend....

P

PatriotsGirl

So difficult child called me today to wish me a happy Valentine's Day. That was actually all she called for. She was with boyfriend and sounded happy and just called. Kinda surprised me. So whilst talking I made mention of how she changed the privacy settings on her Facebook and I couldn't see her pictures anymore. I have never made it a secret that I check her page. So she told me to send a friend request and she will add me. WOAH. I don't know if I want that. Sometimes I post about her...lol. I also put plans out there and such and don't really want her to know where and when we are going on vacations, etc. I currently have a post about looking for a beach up north and I don't need her knowing we are planning a trip up there.
But, I do like keeping tabs on her Facebook. So, I guess I need to decide whether to clean up my page and friend her or not send the request in which case she will probably wonder why....

Ugh, I shoudn't have to actually think this out...lol.

S

Signorina

You can put her on your restricted list -- but she may do the same to you. It's good that her fb page is no longer private. I think you can also put her under "aquaintances" and then make sure any posts having to do with her are only shared with "close friends"

Nancy

You can also choose which posts you want her to be able to see. So if you post something you can restrict her from seeing it. I just cleaned up my fb page because I switched to the new timeline and they caution you to clean it up and delete whatever you don't want on there before you switch because it's very time consuming to clean it up after.

I often wonder if my difficult child restricts some pf her things from me.

Nancy

rejectedmom

I do not put any sensitive info on FB page. I do all sensitive stuff PM or private e-mail. It is just safer. I post about my vacations meetups and visits with grands AFTER I am home. I treat everything on FB as if a difficult child will see it they have changed my privacy settings too often to be trusted with anything that isn't benign.

Nancy

Me too RM. I don't want to suggest I had stuff I HAD to clean up lol. This was just old stuff that I wanted to get rid of, unflattering photos or old "likes" I didn't like anymore, that sort of thing. My fb page is pretty benign.

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

That is what I am going to do. I will add her and my son as family on there so if there are posts I don't want them to see, I can control that. I also cleaned up my page a bit this morning before sending her the request. ;)
The bad part is now everyone will be able to click on her profile, but, I suppose I could block my friends list so that no one could see her listed...hmmm....options. :)