Homework help

Discussion in 'Special Ed 101' started by luvmyottb, Dec 2, 2008.

  1. luvmyottb

    luvmyottb Guest

    difficult child has an IEP in place which reduces her homework load. Can I petition the sd to provide a tutor in school for homework help? Anyone have any experience with this??
  2. smallworld

    smallworld Moderator

    I don't think you can get a tutor for in-school homework help, but you can ask for a "resource class," which will help her with study skills and provide extra time to catch up with homework and classwork.
  3. jal

    jal Member

    It may be worth a try to get extra services for her. I successfully asked the SD to provide a para for my difficult child during summer daycare that was not school affiliated. Good luck!