Hope we're not headed for another episode with difficult child 2

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband woke him up at 10am to go visit his parents today. I sent him a text reminding him to make sure difficult child 2 took his afternoon Seroquel. He replied that difficult child 2 took it, and that he'd pretty much been sleeping the whole time they were there and that difficult child 2 told him he'd been awake since 5am today. :faint: :holymoly: Whenever he's pulled an all-nighter like that, it's usually been because he missed taking his evening medications. husband and I were out Friday night for our anniversary, and we did call to tell the difficult children to take their medications, which they both insist they did. If that's the case, I'm worried.

crazymama30

I hope it is just a fluke too. psychiatrist just bumped up difficult children abilify here. My difficult child will pull that, and o hate the bad feeling I get on the put of my stomach when it happens.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well I've been trying to stay on top of his symptoms as best I can. Making sure he takes medications on time. Goes to bed at a reasonable time. But he's still wobbly. Tonight I picked him up at 6:45pm after he returned to school from his water polo game (which he did not get to play in at all for some reason) and the talking was NON. STOP. He was loud, he was agitated, and he seemed on the verge of pacing. I had him take his medications an hour early tonight. He confirmed that he did get his afternoon medications at school. I just don't know what the problem is. It's now 2 hours after taking the early dosing and he's finally settling down enough to get to his homework.

CM you're right -- it's this ball of dread that forms in the pit of your stomach and rolls all around. :nonono:

crazymama30

G.....could it be time to chalk psychiatrist and bump up a medication to try to head this off before it becomes an issue? I just had to do that with difficult child here......so far so good knock on wood.