How is the excercise coming?

Nancy

I have tried to be very commited and excercise for an hour at least 4 times a week. I've been doing much better and can now go a full 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill without being tired. I've lost 6 lbs as of this morning and I've cut out all snacks between meals.

I'm pleased with my progress but know how easily it can go the other way if I let up at all.

So how is everyone else doing?

Nancy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I'm trying to make 30 minutes on the treadmill a habit, so I briskly walk every day. I'm still making excuses not to do it, but I feel so much better when I do....Still wish I could sleepwalk on the treadmill.....

Sue C

I was just going to post about this! I started back at Curves a week ago Friday. I went 3 times last week (my plan/goal). I just got back from today's workout.

I have so much more energy and ambition!!!! It is truly amazing! I thought I was just being lazy before; now I think I was slipping into depression.

At night I think of what I didn't get done (and I have been accomplishing a lot during the day), and I think about what I want to accomplish the next day.

I have been working on my husband's website for his business. I came home from the library with an armful of books on marketing. I want to help him get more business from his website. If I can "earn my keep" at home, then maybe I won't need to get a part-time job after all. I also want to get back into my writing; I was published years ago but my inspiration fell to the wayside from dealing with my two difficult child's.

Sue

Nancy

Good for you Sue. I have found that I have so much more energy too. I'm getting somethings done that I've put off for years. And I'm in a much better mood and feel better physically.

All good things.

Nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I'm glad you posted Nancy. Congratulations on the weight loss. Sue C, good for you for going back to Curves 3 times a week. I have been wondering about everyone too. I have been doing an hour of the treadmill at a moderate speed about 5 times a week. I do some weight training 2 a week. I am going to start to switch to 15 on the elliptical machine and maybe 15 min on the rowing machine with the treadmill. I just want to change up so I don't get too restless.
I lost some weight but it's been at a standstill for 2 wks.
Somedays, I drag my feet and drag my feet, then when I get it done,I feel so much better.
Definitely improves my mood.
Good luck to all of you who are still fighting the good fight. I keep picturing myself at 70 in an aerobics class because I can't stop or I will blow up. Not a pretty sight. </span>

Martie

I did an hour on the elliptical on Saturday and intended to go on Sunday but "stuff happened."

I am going tonight for sure. I really love to lift wights; it is very good for posture and osteoporosis prevention. The bad part, as I have posted before, is you need to do it right or you can injure yourself. For me it definitely was worth it to learn to lift weights correctly.

I have lost about 6 lbs since Jan 1--it is a struggle at my age but building (rather than losing) muscle mass helps.

Martie :smile:

Sue C

I wanted to add that my right shoulder had been starting to feel like it was kind of at the beginning of freezing up. Years ago my left shoulder froze up and I had to have manipulative surgery and physical therapy for 3-4 months afterwards. Not fun. I do not want that happening again. Since going back to Curves and working on the weight machines, my shoulder feels much much much better already!

Sue

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well! Sue-it's great your shoulder is doing better. Fran-you have been so committed-good for you! Martie-great job on your 6 lbs. gone! An hour on the elliptical-wow-I'm impressed! Whymemom-sounds like you're doing a good job on the treadmill. Nancy-Sounds like you're doing great!

I've been doing fairly well on the exercise and the eating. The last two weeks I have lost 4 pounds. The trick will be if I can stick with it. I have my 25 year class reunion this summer and it would be great to drop 10 pounds. I'll have more time to get back at my workouts after this week-at least I hope so-wrestling and faith formation end for difficult child!

needabreak

well im glad to hear everyone doing well.me on the other hand has been very hard.i can not seem to get to the gym.i just lost all momentum.latly i have been eating every thing in site.im not gaining any thing (for now).lol.but i cant stop.i dont know what is wrong.maby when summer comes around.this weather has been terrible on my body.it hurts from head to toe.my mom says it is the weather.i dont know.but im glad to here everyone else is doing better.please send me some good vibes i need them.