How long????????????????

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am on my second week of cymbalta and I am not feeling any different. I am thinking it's the rain...just have the most difficult time getting out of bed in the morning, no matter how much sleep I get! I am constantly tired and weak - all I want to do is sleep. I'm not particularly sad and my stress levels are no more than usual, I almost feel like I'm flat, indifferent. If one of my friends or family tells me something that may be upsetting, I feel it for a minute or so and then I don't.

Either it hasn't kicked in yet or the rainy gray days are really starting to get to me. I am thinking of hitting up the tanning salon at this point!

On the up side, I increased my magnesium intake and the cramping pain in my legs and feet has decreased. I am so thankful. I wonder how magnesium deficient I was. It was really horrible pain and now it's almost gone! Yeah.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Jo,

It took me almost a month to feel any difference on the cymbalta. My doctor has me taking it at bedtime to counteract the fatigue.

Keep us updated.

DammitJanet

It does take about a month for AD's to kick in but that flat effect can be a side effect that you need to watch. I was put on prozac years and years ago and I felt like I was wearing a plastic mask. Horrible feeling.

The crushing fatigue is one of the classic symptoms of fibro. I really dont know how to combat it. You may want to ask the doctor about something called provigil. Some people use that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
This is good to know - I'm off to see the doctor today to see if there are herbs and diet changes I can instill in myself before I haul off and kill someone from PMDD - or maybe it's just depression - but in any event I'm off. (and don't you say Oh we knew you were off Star)

I don't know about Cymbalta because I took Zoloft and Paxil XR. Paxil XR was great and works well until you try to go off of it. NEVER again. Zoloft made me have suicidal idealizations. (Fun) So I wish you the best. The Zoloft made me feel better in 2 days...The Paxil was almost immediate.

Hope you feel better.

Lothlorien

I'm glad the magnesium is taking care of the pain. Did the docs check your thyroid levels and do a complete blood workup?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks ladies,

Loth, yes they did a full blood workup. I will ask the Dr is she checked my thyroid - she usually does.

For now, I will wait it out I guess.