How Would You Explain This?????

susiestar

Roll With It
http://fab.com/sale/13695/product/278327/?usid=3

This is the 'Love is Art' kit in Luvtone Blue.

It consists of a plastic sheet to protect your bed or floor or whatever, a canvas that you spread out on top of the plastic sheet, and some paint. You and your SO apply the paint to yourselves and do what couples do. This creates your art.

Then you let the canvas dry while you clean up everything else. Once dry, you frame the canvas or do something similar.

Where do you hang this piece of art? How do you explain t to people who ask questions like who the artist is, what it represents, etc...?

My mind boggles over the thought of showing off the results of this kit and of the questions that could/would be asked.

on the other hand, it might be interesting to see the look on one of our difficult children' faces when they realized how the painting was created! that alone might make it worth hanging for a little while, lol!!

Parker

I really couldn't think of when one would have the free time to do that...it's difficult enough these days to sneak one in let alone create a production out of it. I guess if you are childless it could work out, but what about bodily fluids? I would have to classify it as hazardous material. :D

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I think this is an easy one:

This is personal, "bedroom art".

If you are the type of couple who enjoys sensual artwork, fertility objects, and that sort of thing in the bedroom - this will fit in perfectly...and all the more meaningful because you made it together.

SuZir

That could end up embarrassing real fast. Little like adult home movies. May sound like sexy, but in reality - maybe not.

Somehow this brings to my mind all those times when in some office party someone feels a need to copy or scan their private parts. In the end mostly just juvenile and boring. People have sex, some of us even have little walking, talking, annoying, expensive to feed buggers to prove that. Not that exciting really.

Parker

That could end up embarrassing real fast. Little like adult home movies. May sound like sexy, but in reality - maybe not.

Somehow this brings to my mind all those times when in some office party someone feels a need to copy or scan their private parts. In the end mostly just juvenile and boring. People have sex, some of us even have little walking, talking, annoying, expensive to feed buggers to prove that. Not that exciting really.

The same goes for boudoir photos

susiestar

Roll With It
This brings to mind something one of my college roommates told me about. She babysat for her band teacher's kid when she was in high school. One day she looked at a photo album that was on top of the coffee table most of the time.

The photo album detailed their child's life including photos supposedly of conception and the entire birth.

She was very sheltered and this was a total and complete shock to her. Not what people do to make/have kids, but that you would take photos and keep them on the coffeetable for YEARS even when you knew that your high school students would be coming over to babysit.

The photo album was very much NOT hidden and she had no idea how to even begin to say anything about it to the teacher. She was still blushing over it two years later when I knew her!

trinityroyal

Aside from all the other stuff, the thing I can't get past is the horrible sensory experience of being covered in paint. I cannot imagine being anywhere close to "in the mood" with paint on my skin. Finger paints were a nightmare for me as a child. This is so many steps beyond icky.

With regard to explaining the artwork, if you say "My husband and I made that while we were [description deleted to avoid the board censor]" with a completely deadpan expression and voice, people would assume you were joking, and that you paid astronomical sums for the "art" at a gallery or something.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, it can't be any worse than the female artist that paints with her chest...

or the "butt-print" artist...

or the art that uses feces, urine, blood, vomit, etc etc etc

Some of that stuff goes for big bucks!