I am back!

Hello to anyone who remembers me. I used to come on here a lot but have not said much for the past year. I lost my old login so just signed up again as Andrea Danielle 2.
We have been battling the school board constantly, and are making slight progress.

I plan to chat more on the site again. I miss all of you!

:D

Andrea

susiestar

Roll With It
What an excellent article. I hope that you get help from the various agencies. You are certainly doing an excellent job being a Warrior Mom!

My husband works for the same co the Devoes in the article do. And we feel blessed by his job there - he earns enough for me to stay home. with-o that, our kids would ALL be failing. Jess really can't handle school, and until this year thank you couldn't handle it all the time either. I am seeing some signs he is heading into some anxiety problems this year.

the company offers us AMAZING choices for insurance, one of which places no cap on mental health stays at a hospital! Or on the number of visits to a therapist.

Anyway, I am so glad you are back. I was wondering about you the other day.

maril

I am fairly new here, so you wouldn't know who I am. :D

Thanks for the link to the very interesting article. How sad that mental disorders get less attention. What a struggle there must be for parents and kids. Lack of education about mental illness and negative attitudes of those that deal with children daily make matters worse. I really don't know if things are any better in the U.S.

I hope all goes well for you and your family.

Last edited:
F

flutterbee

Good to see you again, Andrea. I have wondered how you and your family are doing. I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling with school issues. :(

Good for you for participating in the article and thank you for sharing it.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I remember you well. It's good to hear from you and to see you are growing in your warrior mom status and things are improving. Welcome back and congratulations on the progress you are making advocating for your child.

trinityroyal

Hello Andrea and welcome back!
Thanks for posting the article. Very informative. (I get 2 of the other Toronto dailies, and don't normally read the Globe, so that one would have passed me by!)

Trinity

Ropefree

Banned
I am newish here and do not have time to read this article yet. But you are in my world of women and men who are making a better future by creating the conditions we need for each other one person at a time. Thank you for all you do.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey Andrea how are you? I am sorry about the continuation of School struggles.
How is difficult child doing? Let us know where he is at with treatment when you get a chance!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Excellent article. So true yet sad state of affairs for so many of us. Sorry things are like this.
I hope nothing too drastic has to take place for some stability to occur.

house of cards

What a powerful and truthful article, thank you for bringing this into the open so others may begin to understand. Maybe then, things can improve. I hope the worker is helpful and long term for your difficult child. Oh, and I love the quote in the end of the article, something about "looking" normal.

Thanks for the warm welcome back! The first day with his one on one support today was amazing - she is the support person that we had been begging them to bring in since she has worked with difficult child on and off for the past 2 years. The teacher really wants me to fight to be able to keep her for the whole year.

Glad people liked the article. Him and I were also in the paper a few months ago with a picture... Now you will see what I look like...
http://working.canada.com/components/print.aspx?id=578df876-c727-4798-9d2c-7272b068296a

Andrea

Hey, lady! I've been away for ages myself and so did a quick search for you. Seems I've missed a lot! Anyway, I'm going to try to visit here more often, so I'm sure we'll "catch up" -- so to speak. My difficult child is 8, in second grade, and still hanging in there. Hasn't been suspended this school year ... yet. He held it together until Christmas last year, so I'm crossing my fingers for January. Take care!

TerryJ2

Great picture, Andrea! Everyone is smiling and attractive, dressed for biz, but enthusiastic, too (mostly Liam). Not sure if the photographer encouraged him to do that or if it was spontaneous but it sure beats the typical, boring corporate picture. :)
Best of luck with-your school board article. Alas, you are in good company.