I am NOW an "Empty Nester"......Hooray!

DDD

The closing went smooth as silk. easy child/difficult child and I went to the house so the Seller could "show him a few things". It was wonderful to see the happiness and to hear him say "Mama I don't think I really believe this is MY house, yet."

It is HIS house and now I have MY house with no child or grandchild for the first time since 1960 with the exception of "jail time breaks". I'm ready to be in an adult house. Know what I mean???? I see this as my post graduate stage of my "Detachment" education. Everyone knows that my heart will be with him every day of my life but I'm going to attempt to make myself #1.

Your collective support and help has been invaluable. There have been so many dark days where you all have kept me going. I'm not leaving CD or SA but I hope to become a less-participatory Board Elder. Thank you. DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

DDD, congratulations. What a lot of trials and tribulations you have gone through! It's wonderful that finally you made it. What a wonderful mother/grandmother you are. You deserve the peace of mind and the peace and quiet that you will now be able to enjoy, you have really earned it! And please stay around -- this place wouldn't be the same without you here!

Love, Esther

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I am smiling from ear to ear DDD, I am so happy for you. Congratulations on all you've done for so many. It's YOUR time now, go enjoy your life...........hugs........