I don't understand how this works

AHF

OK, maybe I'm stupid at this forum stuff. I don't usually post to forums online. But I cannot find where all the abbreviations you folks use are listed. And I cannot find how to make the threads appear in chronological order from oldest to newest. The FAQ say something about display options, but my screen shows no display options. I'm sure I should be asking an administrator about this, but I see no way to contact an administrator, so I am posting on the forum that seems most appropriate to my situation. Perhaps none of this works right because I'm on a Mac? If anyone feels generous enough to help, please let me know. I also cannot find the post I submitted earlier; I got a message about it needing to be approved by a moderator, but I cannot find even in my profile that the post was submitted even though I clicked the submit button. I could use any and all help with this. Thanks.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I saw your other post. I remember when I first joined, I had the message about being approved too. I think it's to make sure we aren't bots!!!

Abbreviations... are under FAQ/Board Help. Well... A lot of them. We keep coming up with new ones, LOL! For instance, "koi" is our word for bovine manure, since some of the words are censored (we don't want to offend too many people). Link: http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/f7/board-abbreviations-acronyms-8/

I managed to get mine in the right order and not show every post from the beginning, so let me go look... While I am doing that, someone else who knows may respond!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK - found it!

Click My Profile at the top - then scroll down. On the left, under My Account, click General Settings.

Scroll down again, to Thread Display Mode. You can change it here.

Then all the way down - and click Save!

I hope this has helped you. And by the way - WELCOME!!!!!! Now I'm going to go read your other post.

R

runawaybunny

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'd be happy to point out the location of the features you are looking for.

The thread display setting can be found by clicking Settings in the upper right corner of the page and then selecting General Settings.

Many of the commonly used acronyms will display their definition when you put your cursor over them. There is also a list in the FAQ forum.

I'm the admin, feel free to contact me any time either via pm or by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Cheryl

oooppppssss, saw StepTo2's message right after I submitted this one.

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Welcome!! Glad to have you join us! step and runawaybunny have given great advice. Another couple of things you may want to do are to make a signature, a profile, set your screen to accept private messages, send private messages to others, and pick an avatar. You can do all of these from the Settings menu. After you click settings you will find a menu on the left side of the page.

You can write a signature like the ones at the bottoms of our posts. This helps us a TON because then we can keep the details of your family straight in our minds. PLEASE do NOT NOT NOT use real names, use ANY last names, or put other identifying info in the sig. medications, diagnosis, age, male or female, even pets are helpful to us as we try to respond to you. There is a limit on the size of the signature, but I don't know what it is. You can go and edit this at any time.

Avatars are another way to make things more interesting and to help us keep identities separate. They are also fun, lol! You can choose a stock avatar from a selection that comes up when you click on edit avatar. You can also upload a file for a different avatar. Do NOT use a picture of your kids, family, etc.... - for safety and privacy reasons. Privacy is a big deal here because we deal with very sensitive information and we are here because we have family members with mental illness and other problems. This is a super accepting, loving, supportive family and we always want to make sure that privacy and safety are protected.

Private messages (pm) can be very useful. We do not mention names of programs, people, etc... on the open forum. Any info that could reveal private info or name a program, doctor, etc.. is sent via pm only. Again, it is for safety. If you do not want to send or receive pm's, you can do this from the settings menu on the left side of the page.

If you want to know who the moderators of a forum are, go to the page that shows the various forums (general, Teens and Sub Abuse, Watercooler, etc...). Look at the description for each forum and the names of the moderators are listed. You can left click on any of the mod's names to go to their profile page.

I hope these are helpful! I will go and read your other post now. Be sure to check out the archives in the various forums as they have a TON of great info.